Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Front and Rear bulb issues... (Read 236 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Front and Rear bulb issues...
Reply #15 - 11/18/12 at 13:54:29

Step ONe

Empty the tank..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #16 - 11/18/12 at 14:49:05

Could always remove turn signals completely...make sure you cap/tape each wire individually so they don't ground out accidentally...depends on what you want to do with the bike.  I'm slowly working towards a bobber look so the turn signals went early.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/18/12 at 14:51:05

True,  I only paid 600 for it so I'm just curious how everything works and have some time to figure it out before I drop 7000 on a crotch rocket

IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/18/12 at 19:21:04

Ok, i have no idea whats going on now.  All blinker bulbs work, no filaments are broken, all bulbs have been tested. Wiring was checked and rechecked.

Blinker to the right, front right and front left blinker blink, back blinker does not, Brake like flashes like the right rear blinker would.   Right blinker indicator does not blink, (that is prolly just a little bulb out though. I have not taken the take off to confirm)

Blinker to the left, front and back blinker blink correctly??  I dont know what could have happened while it was sitting under its cover but it has me so confused and I would just say forget it but it has an upcoming inspection due and i dont think they will let it pass... :'( :'(

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 11/18/12 at 20:07:41

if your brake lights blinking when your blinker should...

you either got it wired incorrectly or there's a short in the wiring.

WWW   IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 11/18/12 at 21:57:41

"switched front and rear"

Wait WHAT?? Not only are they different bulbs internally - they are different externally. The locating pins are offset on the 1157 dual-filament bulb which means you somehow managed to jam them into the wrong sockets. Didn't you notice something wasn't right when it took all that extra effort to get them into place?

Put the tools down. Call a professional next time. Clearly mechanics is not for you. Clearly.

IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/19/12 at 07:38:32

Ok clearly you didnt read every post i put in here or replied to, so one dont insult my intelligence, and second i dont need your replies anymore because they were worthless to begin with.  

I said i tested it with the front, not by jaming it in there, but by pushing without turning, because of the size difference, ofcourse they wont turn.  So since that didnt work, i then tested back left to back right bulbs allowing me to push in and twist to lock them in. Again it didnt work. I then tested the back right bulb in the back left blinker and it works coming to the conclusion that the bulb is not the problem but either the blinker, or a wiring issue.

My conclusion on why it is not wired wrong is because when i replaced the blinkers and rewired them, they both worked. This only happend a week ago and not from the get go, so I think like what VER said that it is a short.  

This site was generated for questions, but if you insult my questions by asking an insulting question, then you arent helping me one bit. Its a learning process and you learn by f***ing up. So please advise me if messing up my bike is making it hard for you to sleep at night, ill light it on fire and buy another one because even though my taxes are going up due to this administration, its pocket change to me.  But since thats not the objective of FIXING, then your comment will be ignored and i will attempt VER's route.

Thank you all

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #22 - 11/19/12 at 07:51:04

Another thing to check when things like turn signals act oddly is grounding. A broken ground can cause weird symptoms.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/19/12 at 07:53:14

alright, I will try that as well

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 11/19/12 at 07:55:14

In all fairness RQ, most of what you wrote is intelligible.

WWW   IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/19/12 at 07:58:39

well ya im just trying to explain what im seeing as best i can in words. If i need to take a video with my phone and post it on here to show what is going on and that is helpful for everyone else, then I will.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 11/19/12 at 08:50:40

Shoot us a video,.. or some pics please...
This would be very helpful...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/24/12 at 18:01:08

very neat thing happened today while i was trying to figure out my blinker issue.  I wanted to test the wiring from where the blinkers connect so i swapped the right blinker connections with the left blinker connections. When i did this, i indicated a right blinker, which caused the left blinker to come on and the right blinker indicator on my gas tank to flash. This told me that the bulb in my gas tank isnt out, my wiring is correct, all my bulbs are fresh and not broken, but there is just something oddly wrong with the right rear blinker and so i am just going to order another one. This will solve my problem and i can move on.  I tried to upload the .mov from my phone but it wouldnt let me. If someone can walk me though how to post a video on here i will post the ones i made so you can see what im seeing.

IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 11/24/12 at 18:42:18

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!      Turned out when i put in the blinkers and tightened the back rest back up, i pinched the wires and somehow that made a short. All bulbs work, all blinkers work, yessssssssssssss..  Buying insurance on tuesday and first ride on wednesday.    Thanks all.      

This is exactly why I didnt need to put my tools down and get a professional  . Learning process.   So for all the other noobs out there, if you want it bad enough and think clearly enough, any problem can be fixed without paying someone else to do it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 11/24/12 at 19:25:14

Im not reading this whole thing to see, so, Ill ask, Did you, at any time in your posts asking for help, include that you had been removing & installing stuff back there?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:26:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front and Rear bulb issues...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.