Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No sag sportster pegs install (Read 119 times)
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
No sag sportster pegs install
11/14/12 at 16:05:24

Well I finally got around to installing the sportster pegs I bought. The problem with most Harley/aftermarket pegs is that they either sag due to the missing nub our stock front pegs have or you have to tighten them up completely leaving no wiggle room if you scrape the pegs ( looks at Serowbot and smiles)  The way I preped to install them they are completely straight and still retain the limited upward mobility.

I picked up a piece of 3/16" framing bracket & four 7/16" long steel pins. The block is shown with the pins after grinding down the rounded end.

I then proceeded to-
* Drill out the holes of the Harley/aftermarket pegs. Take your time doing this and make sure the holes are drilled as straight as possible if you don't have a drill press. I know some people have had issues doing it by hand. Don't hold the peg in one hand and the drill in another, use a vise or wood clamps to keep the pegs still.
* Cut two 1 1/8" wide blocks from the framing bracket.
* Grind down an end on each block to a quarter circle  matching it to the inside of the stock foot peg mounts.
* Drill two holes on the blocks slightly larger then the steel pins where the meatiest part of the stock peg brackets matched up.
* JB Weld them in place and let it set.
* Drill the rest of the four holes to the depth of the steel pins.
* Insert the pins with whatever glue, epoxy you want I used Gorilla Glue.
* Install the pegs with washers if needed and RIDE!!!

I know it sounds like a tediously long process, but other then waiting on the JB Weld and glue to set it really wasn't. My pegs came out perfectly straight, and if I ever get a set and scrap the pegs they have give  Grin

Stock peg mount right side

Stock peg mount with peg block added

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: No sag sportster pegs install
Reply #1 - 11/14/12 at 17:44:03

Great solution! I actually prefer the Harley lean. With my stock pegs my toes were always getting stuck under the shifter and brake. Now I have to move my feet to reach them. Much better for me. Obviously not for you though!  Smiley

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: No sag sportster pegs install
Reply #2 - 11/15/12 at 04:29:38

Yea I tried them first and didn't care for the feel with them sagging.  Much more solid feeling with them straight for me  Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:25:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No sag sportster pegs install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.