Send Topic Print
Didn't he say 48% ? (Read 42 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Didn't he say 48% ?
11/09/12 at 10:04:38

I think he made a mistake ... 47% was a bit off ... its 48%.

Popular Vote
Obama Romney
Total 61,203,583 58,190,399
Percent 50.5% 48.0%

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Didn't he say 48% ?
Reply #1 - 11/09/12 at 11:54:39

2.5 percentage points - hardly a landslide.

But what we have most to be thankful about is that, regardless of your party affiliation or political beliefs, in this country elections aren't accompanied by soldiers waving assault rifles, tanks rolling down the streets of major cities, and large scale riots.
We do have the best country on earth, regardless of whether a Dem or a Repub is in the White House.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 11/09/12 at 12:17:59

Well you're missing the joke.

And yes thankfully no assault rifles ... though there have been calls for that ...

Cool.
Srinath.

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/09/12 at 11:54:39:
2.5 percentage points - hardly a landslide.

But what we have most to be thankful about is that, regardless of your party affiliation or political beliefs, in this country elections aren't accompanied by soldiers waving assault rifles, tanks rolling down the streets of major cities, and large scale riots.
We do have the best country on earth, regardless of whether a Dem or a Repub is in the White House.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #3 - 11/09/12 at 12:41:51

I got the joke - I just moved on.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/09/12 at 17:58:59

Really? THIS is the best country on Earth? Boy,, must be some serious shitholes out there. We now have "Free Speech Zones", we get molested to get on a plane, the masses have exactly zero grasp of jury nullification or the Constitution, high school graduates are less educated than 8th graders from the late 50's, the dollar is worth less than its ever been & our country has less manufacturing & exports than I can remember,, Maybe we WERE number one, but I doubt seriously we still are.,

Yea, whoop it up, beat yer chest & declare We are Number One,, it means as much as declaring the dollar is worth more than a piece of paper.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/10/12 at 06:47:38

As a few days have passed, the obvious pending fiscal disaster becomes even more clear. We have no way to pay off our current debt and any ‘compromise’ seeking balance will cost more jobs making the situation worse.  Romney’s 47% comment was off; maybe it should have been 30% and a real honest discussion should have followed. We as a nation are broke and getting broker. Our foundation is made from a deck of cards right now called the US Dollar and it’s about as stable as the name implies. We buy most of our own bonds because no one else will. Despite this, 18 year old kids and lifetime welfare recipients have a say in who can best even begin to navigate us out of this. What nonsense is that?...

I’d raise the voting eligibility age to 25 and/or evidence of earning enough to pay federal income tax. Otherwise, you’ve got no business in this decision.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/10/12 at 09:39:18

WebsterMark wrote on 11/10/12 at 06:47:38:
I’d raise the voting eligibility age to 25 and/or evidence of earning enough to pay federal income tax. Otherwise, you’ve got no business in this decision.

And if you're mandating that ... Most rich people wont be voting either ... no doubt they will spend their $$$ to put their man in office so it stays that way.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 11/10/12 at 18:10:51

Elections are a farce & have been for some time, our votes arent what determines the outcome & even if they did, the people in the offices are corrupt.

The prez put the Head Lobbyist for Monsanto in the FDA chair,, how is it possible to even pretend that is good for the people who the fda is supposed to be protecting?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:34:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Didn't he say 48% ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.