Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
ice ice baby
11/09/12 at 06:19:33

You people are nuts!

So I rode the bike into work this morn.. first time its been over 45 at 7am for a few weeks. It was 49, near zero winds....what could be better?

HOLY CRAP!
The worst is my chin.. no feeling what-so-ever
Next and the reference to "ice ice" is those two chunks of ice that keep brushing the inners of my thighs. Good thing I am done with kids.

I had bought some $19 gauntlett gloves, they did well. Battery was topped off niecly due to my new trickle charger.  Leather jacket, cheap insulated vest.. and home-made black knitted scarf .. all kept my torso good and toasty. Legs suffered mightily as I just wore my work slacks.

Other notes:
dern sun changed position on me... putting it right in my eyes.  
Insta-fog on the visor... had to get up to 10mph to get it to clear
morning coffee was twice as appreciated as usual!

Ride home expected to be high 70's... can't wait!!!!!

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Re: ice ice baby
Reply #1 - 11/09/12 at 14:33:52

I ride to work between that temp and freezing for about 6 months of the year. Chaps and long johns are your friends when it starts getting close to freezing.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 11/09/12 at 14:40:12

Ahhhhh

rode the bike at lunch to honda shop and picked up my gascap gasket that finally came in. Then off to Hooters for lunch... got back rather late I fear. But it didnt affect my productivty... nil.

PS: still loving the shrimp/spinach salad.

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 11/09/12 at 18:38:35

Personally, I prefer a snowmobile suit to long johns. Once at work, or home, it is easier to take off an outer layer than an inner layer.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/09/12 at 18:45:09

Charon wrote on 11/09/12 at 18:38:35:
Personally, I prefer a snowmobile suit to long johns. Once at work, or home, it is easier to take off an outer layer than an inner layer.

& that is simple enough to grasp.. Used to have a snowmobile suit when I was roughnecking. Saved my butt many times. I wish I had another..

FWIW, I bought my first stereo at the Firestone store on 8th street in Odessa when I was 16, 41 years ago,, I remembered the salesman, he was a really different kinda guy, funny & had a flat top.

Some years later, there was a portable BBQ joint set up outside of town on West 42nd street. I stopped & bought some of that & dang ,, it was that guy,& then, when I was in my late 20's, there was a portable( on wheels, both of them) oilfield winter clothes store & it was the same guy. Quite the entrepreneur,, never saw the dude again, tho, I wish him well.,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 11/09/12 at 19:59:18

This morning, clear and crisp at 38 degrees. Road mostly dry, no ice, pretty good traction. Not cold enuff to put on my First Gear thermo suit, that thing never gets cold, too hot even, but the low areas held cold damp fog, which can quickly cut into you at 50 MPH. I wear layers. A long sleeve tee, a hooded pullover cotton parka, and then my outer layer rain parka
Down south I wear Levi's, then a loose flannel sweat, and then nylon rain pants to break the wind. With my windshield, I'm good. Even have to choke a bit after the 20 to 30 minute down time on the ferry....the motor cools quickly in winter  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/09/12 at 20:05:21

.the motor cools quickly in winter

So does mine, but choking Me only makes it worse

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 11/09/12 at 21:50:23

Youz guyz is knutz!..

... if it's less than 45f....    I wear,... a car... Huh...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 14:00:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › ice ice baby

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.