Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My unofficial official study and report.... (Read 435 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: My unofficial official study and report....
Reply #15 - 11/08/12 at 18:11:27

Professor Raydawg, I've got a question about this test you just gave us.  My test has "Comparative Eastern Religions - Midterm" up at the top of it and I thought this class was supposed to be "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" Comparative Literature section 311.   We have never covered any of the questions on this test you gave us at all.  I left most of mine blank because I can't even spell Zorasterianism much less tell you how it applies to Buddism and Essene Proto-Christian Judaism.

And all we have ever covered or talked about is this crazy stuff about petcocks.    I mean really, what the heck IS a petcock?   Do I need to go talk to my adviser about getting into the right section or what?

My Coach isn't going to like the grade you gave me on this nonsense test, dude.  I can like tell you that already.   And dude, why aren't you wearing any pants today -- don't you know that's like really gross, man?  Your plaid boxer shorts are like grody ugly and your socks like don't match up either.

Wink

paranoia, the gift that keeps on giving .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 11/08/12 at 18:54:57

Well child why do you riddle the teacher with a question you've already answer 29 words into your prose?
Take heart, you've company aplenty, it has plagued man ever since Eve assumed a red apple would be delicious. One must abide in such an activity if one is to reward themselves with the claim of knowledge, which, BTW, is 90% false....oh such a premise, eh?  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #17 - 11/09/12 at 08:33:09

there's a 69% chance you made that percentage up.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 11/10/12 at 07:41:29

Quote:
Anyway, with a full tank I thought I'd run on prime for a spell. I ran appox 40 miles and my BF on decel was pretty much gone. I had one real POP, in all those miles. I can safely say the bike was smoother through all gears, and way quieter and smooth slowing down, even on a down hill grade.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not happy about it,......just about the WORST case of "petcock paranoia" I have seen here.

Yep, like running "prime" going downhill is any different than running "run" going downhill. OF, I rest my case !

=================

OF replies:    Routy, aren't you making one key ASSuMEtion, and that is that the vac petcock supplies gasoline at the same rate under "ON"'s vacuum control as it does in "PRIME" when it is kicked all the way open by the plastic bump and the finger spring?

But we know this isn't true, that "ON" fuel delivery can vary according to system vacuum levels.

So yes, running "ON" going downhill can be quite different than running "PRIME" going downhill.  

Think about it a second, you are going downhill with your throttle at whatever various lower positions accordingly -- your system's vac level goes lower accordingly and your vac driven "ON" fuel delivery rate decreases accordingly.

Quite a bit different from "Prime" which acts like a straight constant full flow much like a Raptor does.

I think perhaps people have been focusing on position of the gas in the tank and forgetting about what else going downhill means, throttle-wise.

« Last Edit: 11/10/12 at 14:35:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 11/10/12 at 09:36:10

Well snap darn Mister Routie.....I sure didn't want you to lose your happy buzz. Perhaps you've been listening a wee bit too much to all the political propaganda and wranglers of late, as if any of it matters anymore....strip anyone of them down to their nekkedness and sconce them on a sissybar and you couldn't tell their whines from another.
And too, perhaps if you popped a few and chugged them on the spot, you wouldn't have to set your case down.....mercy, we have become a world of no perceivable sense of nonsensical rationale, my my  Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #20 - 12/28/12 at 11:11:50

I would have thought vacuum would increase with closure of the throttle plate.  Think about it.  You've got a giant air pump sucking all the air it can through an essentially closed pipe unless there is some sort of deceleration air bleed valve I have yet to find.

Anyway, my '87 I just got still has the vacuum petcock on it and it appears to operate substantially correctly although the fuel pulses through the line much like it's the output of a vacuum diaphram fuel pump.  Prime on mine very slowly dribbles fuel.  It's nowhere close to full on.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 12/28/12 at 11:17:34

wow...im gonna sell my old petcock......

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #22 - 12/30/12 at 05:16:44

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/08/12 at 03:21:40:

Ok, in this thread EVERYBODY is both paranoid and delusional.  

Routy will be pleased.

Cheesy

Must be them Arizona peote buttons ...

No I didn't read this whole thread.
Yes, I am pleased that there are still a few here that do not suffer from petcock paranoia, and just use plain ole common sense when it comes to problems that could be cause by the vacuum petcock.

I'm on vac in QZS AZ, and wish I had my bike w/ me.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 12/30/12 at 06:36:26

Routy wrote on 12/30/12 at 05:16:44:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/08/12 at 03:21:40:

Ok, in this thread EVERYBODY is both paranoid and delusional.  

Routy will be pleased.

Cheesy

Must be them Arizona peote buttons ...

No I didn't read this whole thread.
Yes, I am pleased that there are still a few here that do not suffer from petcock paranoia, and just use plain ole common sense when it comes to problems that could be cause by the vacuum petcock.

I'm on vac in QZS AZ, and wish I had my bike w/ me.

Hmmm, me thinks you are suffering from oxygen depravation and/or chemical toxicity as previously mentioned (buttons  Roll Eyes), and therefore are displaying the expected & typical symptoms of mental activity/acuity  reduction.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:17:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My unofficial official study and report....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.