Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 stock carb (Read 110 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
S40 stock carb
11/02/12 at 03:52:59

What carb. would be a direct replacement for the stock carb on a 2012 S40? I messed up the air screw on the stock one and wonder about replacing it with something else. I mean the air screw is really really screwed! Hope it doesn't cost too much to do. Or does someone have a stock one with an air screw that works?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: S40 stock carb
Reply #1 - 11/02/12 at 09:13:18

Any of the replacements we've found are generally for performance improvements.  Hence we live with the changes we need to make to get them to work.

VM36 or 38, requires a new throttle cable, rejetting.

The stock carb is a BS40, we generally go down a size because this carb has a butterfly whichs restricts the flow of a 40.

A 36 will have better low rpm performance, a 38 maybe equal.  ask lancer, he's messed with it the most.  A 40 will have real good top end, but be iffy at idle.

WWW   IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 11/02/12 at 10:07:07

verslagen1 wrote on 11/02/12 at 09:13:18:
Any of the replacements we've found are generally for performance improvements.  Hence we live with the changes we need to make to get them to work.

VM36 or 38, requires a new throttle cable, rejetting.

The stock carb is a BS40, we generally go down a size because this carb has a butterfly whichs restricts the flow of a 40.

A 36 will have better low rpm performance, a 38 maybe equal.  ask lancer, he's messed with it the most.  A 40 will have real good top end, but be iffy at idle.

Thanks for the info. I bought a used stock carb from Cavi Mike for $50. I'm going to use it. The air screw has never been touched. Still has the cap over it.

« Last Edit: 11/02/12 at 15:28:25 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 11/02/12 at 17:22:54

As soon as you get the carb and remove the cover from over the pilot screw, soak it with a penetrating oil of some kind for a couple of days, applying the oil 2-3 times/day.
You want that screw to turn EASILY to avoid tearing it up, and BE SURE to use a screw driver that fits the screw slot snugly.
You should also clean the screw head with carb cleaner before putting the driver to it to eliminate slipping.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 19:36:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 stock carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.