Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jardine removable baffle? (Read 118 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Jardine removable baffle?
10/22/12 at 14:35:57

I have a Jardine muffler and I thought that the baffle was removable. Mine is riveted in. The only way it is removable is to drill out the rivets. I was thinking about wrapping the baffle to quiet it down a bit. Has anybody tried this or is it even possible to wrap it and get it back in? From what I see I doubt it. Maybe there is another way I don't know of.

« Last Edit: 10/22/12 at 16:20:24 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Re: Jardine removable baffle?
Reply #1 - 10/23/12 at 04:29:34

was thinking about one of these.  you're not happy with the sound/noise?

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 10/23/12 at 04:41:11

misterbbq wrote on 10/23/12 at 04:29:34:
was thinking about one of these.  you're not happy with the sound/noise?

I love the sound. Just wondering about the neighbors. But they never complained when I had my Yamaha 650 with Vance and Hines short shots on it. Now that was loud. I've thought about it and am going to leave it alone. Only one thing you will have to do if you get one is to get a new gasket for the pipe unless you can get the old one out of the original. I was not able to save the old one and ended up getting a new one. Other than that it is easy to install.

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #3 - 10/23/12 at 06:08:56

and where did you get this gasket?  dealership?  or can you order them alongside the jardine?

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #4 - 10/23/12 at 07:00:38

misterbbq wrote on 10/23/12 at 06:08:56:
and where did you get this gasket?  dealership?  or can you order them alongside the jardine?

I got it at the dealership. I think it was $16.

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #5 - 10/23/12 at 07:28:50

awesome thanks.

interesting with the jardine...i want to be louder...and sound 'better' than stock....but i'm wondering if the dyna is a better choice, even if there is some fabrication to making it work.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/23/12 at 08:09:22

Well,, you can spend a few bucks on a Dyna take off, or maybe get one free if ya hit someone in the right mood & see if you dig the sound, looks, performance it gives.. If not, you can drop the $$$ for a Jardine. If you put the Jardine on & then meet someone with the Dyna mod, you just may kick yerself,but, youll at least be able to sell the Dyna here. Someone will want it,wont be a total loss.,even IF you dont like it, But Ill bet ya do,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #7 - 10/23/12 at 08:35:16

[quote author=5D5943445542525241300 link=1350941757/0#5 date=1351002530]awesome thanks.

interesting with the jardine...i want to be louder...and sound 'better' than stock....but i'm wondering if the dyna is a better choice, even if there is some fabrication to making it work.[/quote

This is the one I wanted because of no fabrication and fits right on easily.

There is somewhere on this forum that has the different muffler sounds, but I can't find it now.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 10/23/12 at 08:51:12

[quote author=46606F607E7C462125150 link=1350941757/0#7 date=1351006516]misterbbq wrote on 10/23/12 at 07:28:50:
There is somewhere on this forum that has the different muffler sounds, but I can't find it now.

You really can't tell much by listening to recorded sounds on the internet.  They don't reproduce sound.....and especially volume accurately.

I do believe the DYNA is the best starting point.  I am not happy with the cut and clamp method - the best fit is to get a muffler shop to make you an adapter.  The easy way to do it is for them to take a 1.75" OD pipe, put a 6 degree bend in it, then expand one end to 1.69" ID.  Both ends should be about 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" long on each side of the bend.  You may need to slot the 1.69" ID end to allow it to clamp on the header pipe tightly.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 10/23/12 at 10:02:30

& a pukey little hose clamp isnt an answer, a normal exhaust clamp of U-Bolt design will do it, but, that is 100% Ugg Lee,, so, a T-clamp is the only decent option. They clamp better than a hose clamp, but they wont crush pipe together like the U bolt style, so, a good fit is important,

http://www.ec21.com/product-details/Double-T-Bolt-Clamp-Hose--3459533.html

MIte work out,, I Dunno,, Ive never even seen one till now.

http://clampco.com/products/t-bolt-std.asp

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #10 - 10/23/12 at 10:38:57

these were my main concerns....i'm not great at fabbing stuff up and all that.  so to alleviate the potential for me jacking stuff up i figured the jardine would be the best route.  and i'm sure they do sound nice....if a little bit loud.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/23/12 at 10:50:21

Yea, well,, I consider myself pretty able when the topic is "Can you build that?" , but there are places when its best to just pay someone,, & puttin little bends in fat pipe is one of those places. In fact, Id let a Gen U Wine professional exhaust pipe handlin guy just Do it. Mite cost a few bucks, but, if you dont have the tools & experience, sometimes just paying is the best answer. Big difference between a little job that only needs done once in years & years & a little job that needs done every few thousand miles, we have to learn how to do those regular maintenance things,or spend a lot of $$ on a shop & be w/o our rides.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #12 - 10/23/12 at 11:08:31

I agree the recorded sounds don't do justice to what it actually sounds like, but I like the sound of my Jardine just fine thank you. I was looking for something easy to put on so I bought it. I plan to get a different bike in the future. So I am saving up now and not buying anything else for this one. Getting old and may buy a BRP Spyder Can Am Limited Sport Touring if I can afford one in a few years.

« Last Edit: 10/23/12 at 13:54:49 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:55:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jardine removable baffle?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.