Send Topic Print
Battery Recommendation (Read 188 times)
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Re: Battery Recommendation
Reply #15 - 10/18/12 at 05:28:51

Any Batterys Plus or Walmart that is SEALED. Warrenty is easy and good anyplace you are. Get away from old school water filled.

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Battery Recommendation
Reply #16 - 10/18/12 at 10:27:44

rfw2003 wrote on 10/18/12 at 00:58:35:
Cavi,

Have you used that pack during the cold weather months yet?  Was wondering how well it worked.  I've been on the fence about getting a Lipo because of the cold weather issues with them.  I don't mind having to get a different charger but cold weather issue and possible issues with the onboard charging system not fully charging the battery as well has got me wondering about them.

R.F.

No, I haven't, but I put a heat-blanket on it because of the rumours I've heard. Other people have made the argument that they are no less capable in the cold than a lead-acid battery. I don't know who to believe so I guess we'll find out in a couple months when the cold really gets here. It has already dipped into the 20's once so maybe it won't even be a couple months.

As far as fully charging them - I guess I'd have to know the charging voltage of the bike before I could make any assumptions. The full-charge voltage of this battery should be 14.4V according to A123. These cells have slightly lower full-charge voltage than typical Li-ion batteries - 3.6V vs 4.1/4.2V.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:22:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Recommendation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.