Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yes i am putting my question here... (Read 117 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Yes i am putting my question here...
10/15/12 at 15:23:17

I want to record live TV.. via ComCast.. I have two or three shows I keep missing ( Walking Dead, Revolution) ... Has anyone HERE been successful at getting a DVR (other than Tivo and the cables) to work?  And are you happy with it.

Currently looking at the Silicon Dust Prime. Which is a 3 tuner model using the Mcard and hooking right into the network.. (versus hooking into 1 PC).

What I want to be able to do is record a show and watch it either on my PC ( or laptop) or on the TV.  It looks like I would have to spend:
$180 for the SD Prime unit
$2 - 10/mont for the Mcard from Comcast
$140 per TV for a Xbox to use as Media Center Extender
$100 W7 home Premium .. as I only have Home ( no media Center)

got any better ideas????

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Yes i am putting my question here...
Reply #1 - 10/15/12 at 15:45:41

Well if you have no problems using your PC as the DVR unit there is a quad tuner card that uses the mcards available for $200.  Then you would only be limited to the space on your pc for the amount of recording space and would also be able to do HD recording instead of just SD.   Here is the link to newegg.com's product page for the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815706001&Tpk=N82E16815...

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 10/16/12 at 07:11:42

I really looked at that one. But the feedback is all over the place on it. Yes, the plan would be to use my PC as a DVR.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #3 - 10/16/12 at 14:07:00

Well I haven't used it myself, it was just one I remembered seeing.  If I had cable service myself I would give it a try as the quad tuner would be a definite plus in my book. I only have access to Satellite where I live so my legal options are very limited.  I have tried the Hauppauge Colossus with very iffy results meaning it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  I will be very happy the day they finally decide to bring cable into my area so that I can get faster cheaper internet plus have the ability to use cards like I posted above for my computer media center.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:18:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Yes i am putting my question here...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.