First ride with the T6 (Read 127 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
First ride with the T6
10/11/12 at 07:50:56

Well, the bike turned 3000 miles saturday, so time for the second oil change. I decided ( based on input from here) to try the T6 syn from Walmart. Beside the obvious 4 dollar per quart savings ( I bought a gal) .. I also did not have to trek 15 miles to the bike shop for "bike oil" ... big money and time saver.

Tuesday was my first chance to ride since the change. Clutch works fine, and bike purrs.. ok thumps along as normal. Biggest problem was finding a container to put the old oil in... so I downed a 1/2 gal of eggnogg... and ussed that to drop the oil off at the Auto Zone for recycle.

Didnt ride again today... forget cold or rain... for the love of God ... someone tell me how to deal with all the pollen.. I did ride yesterday... and my sinuses are giving me heck for it.

Lastly: in the "well crap dept" theres a pencil eraser size paint chip on the side of the gas tank. I have no idea other than a possible stray rock. How can such a little thinkg make me sooooo upset.  

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Re: First ride with the T6
Reply #1 - 10/11/12 at 09:31:02

I changed to T6 recently ,and it seems my bike runs better too . I also added an oz of redline zddp booster,like of  mentioned.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #2 - 10/11/12 at 10:22:19

eraser size paint chip on car - where?....on a bike tank it might as well be the grand canyon of dings....always in your face saying look what let happen to me, ouch! fix me - i am blemished/scared for life!........or get a cool decal and cover it up......i found a nice emblem to cover the crater on the side of my tank.......

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #3 - 10/14/12 at 23:11:17

Wal Mart carries generic Claritin. (Loratidine 10 mg, $5 for 60 tabs) Works for me. In the automotive section they also carry the small paint retouch bottles with a small brush. My tank has more touch up bumps than a 16 year old with a chocolate addiction.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 10/16/12 at 13:35:42

Touch up the rock chip and then spray the entire tank in 2-3 medium coats of Rustoleum or Duplicolor clear engine paint. Follow can direction to the letter or it WILL wrinkle... Angry  Fuel/oil safe and fairly chip resistant, we used it on tractor trailer frames at my last 2 town jobs.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/16/12 at 15:24:54

Bandana across the nose/mouth. Carry small spray bottle of water, keep it slightly damp, rinse occasionally, rinse sinuses.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:36:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › First ride with the T6

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.