Send Topic Print
the hose... (Read 127 times)
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the hose...
10/09/12 at 16:23:08

So in my Clymer, I have the new edition, on page 188 is the exploded carburetor view. Now i'm new to these little bikes and item #21 they call "hose". well my hose goes from the carb to just flopping around under the seat. Where is this hose suppose to be attached????

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: the hose...
Reply #1 - 10/09/12 at 16:50:17

That's odd,... there should be 2 hoses flopping around there... Huh...
(they are vent hoses)...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1311197310

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 10/09/12 at 17:16:40

Ahhhh, a mystery revealed from the closely guarded secrets of this most noble system.          

Grin

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/09/12 at 17:22:34

Awesome. that is what I figured just wanted to make sure.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 10/09/12 at 19:36:21

Those vent hoses are where I got the idea of running my crankcase breather hose up there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/09/12 at 20:35:11

the hose...

Not only free, but unavoidable, from the Goobs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #6 - 10/10/12 at 06:02:05

The ends of those hoses are to be placed exactly on the volumetric CG of the wiring loom, IAW federal regulations, as required by the EPA.  Having them vent the carb bowl fumes on the volumetric CG aligns the fuel vapor particles with the ions created by the wires in the loom as the voltage in the electrical system spikes up and down from 12.28 volts to 14.56 volts as a gaussian reaction inherent in the alternator to varying electrical loads.

I wouldn't be fooling around with those hoses.  The EPA and the Consumer Products Safety Council have recently merged their enforcement divisions.  They have doubled their manpower now, and are a lot more aggressive in catching miscreants who do things like move their carb bowl vent hoses, and rip labels off of mattresses and pillows.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/10/12 at 06:06:55

and I am forever now on record as moving them....if you don't hear from me again you will know what happened....

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #8 - 10/10/12 at 06:13:57

MShipley wrote on 10/10/12 at 06:06:55:
and I am forever now on record as moving them....if you don't hear from me again you will know what happened....

sssshhhhhhh!,........ don't tell the EPA or the CPSC,.......

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 10/10/12 at 07:43:35

Gyrobob wrote on 10/10/12 at 06:02:05:
The ends of those hoses are to be placed exactly on the volumetric CG of the wiring loom, IAW federal regulations, as required by the EPA.  Having them vent the carb bowl fumes on the volumetric CG aligns the fuel vapor particles with the ions created by the wires in the loom as the voltage in the electrical system spikes up and down from 12.28 volts to 14.56 volts as a gaussian reaction inherent in the alternator to varying electrical loads.

I wouldn't be fooling around with those hoses.  The EPA and the Consumer Products Safety Council have recently merged their enforcement divisions.  They have doubled their manpower now, and are a lot more aggressive in catching miscreants who do things like move their carb bowl vent hoses, and rip labels off of mattresses and pillows.

I think I want to put some clear hoses on there.....so I can watch all that cool stuff.  I had no idea those hoses were so active! Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/10/12 at 07:54:17

Dave wrote on 10/10/12 at 07:43:35:
Gyrobob wrote on 10/10/12 at 06:02:05:

I think I want to put some clear hoses on there.....so I can watch all that cool stuff.  I had no idea those hoses were so active! Grin

Strickly forbidden, it will allow the fuel vapor particles to react with solar flares and create bozon3, a highly carsonistic element.  Enough of these silly ions floating about and we'll have another talk show host.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:28:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the hose...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.