Send Topic Print
Winter\Fall Gear (Read 190 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Winter\Fall Gear
Reply #15 - 10/08/12 at 20:19:12

Whatever you get should be 100% water-proof because they're non-breathable. The air-movement is what kills you. I use Helly Hansen poly-urethane pants but I'm gonna have to NOT recommend Helly Hansen because I've had to repair the seams multiple times to the point where I don't even care anymore, the top elastic is only holding on by a few threads. But they sure do wonders for keeping my legs warm.

Most of last winter I got away with just those over my work pants - only on the coldest teens/single-digit days would I wear thermals underneath my pants.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Winter\Fall Gear
Reply #16 - 10/09/12 at 09:00:39

CycleGear has what I believe may be their own brand of cold weather gear called FREEZE-OUT.  I know BILT is their in-house brand and I believe FREEZE-OUT is also.  I have the boot liners and glove liners and they help quite a bit.  Well enough that I will probably be getting a few more items soon (looks like they're currently on sale). But I'm just in north Texas which may not get as cold as some other folks' areas.  I have ridden in freezing weather with them before and they significantly improve whatever other gear you are using.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 16:27:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Winter\Fall Gear

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.