Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Right Handle Switch Wiring (Read 187 times)
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Re: Right Handle Switch Wiring
Reply #15 - 10/04/12 at 18:55:01

and the switch is off a savage LS650. you guys drive on the other side of the road maybe your conrols are backward too

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #16 - 10/04/12 at 18:59:40

You know what stuff this im not posting anything else on this site. you all can jump in the lake. I do my best by asking questions and all i get is idiots abusing me. Im going to finish my project without sharing it with anyone. you yanks are a bunch of obnoxious baboons. good by

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #17 - 10/04/12 at 21:50:31

Yup, we all know and we're just not telling you. What you didn't know is we're all from a secret wiring society. Unfortunately you've asked too many questions and we've said too much. We have sent out an assassin to dispatch of you, he should be there tomorrow at noon. Don't try top run, we will find you.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #18 - 10/05/12 at 04:34:26

Sorry Mike I can't make it there by tomorow the plane got bumped and I have to wait till next weeks flight!    Grin

@Paul please go back and read your other wiring post, RFW & Verslagen both gave partial aswers with questions that you didn't answer.  Especially with a non stock swap all info is needed to try to help.

And just because there is good hearted bantering in between trying to help, please don't take it to heart   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #19 - 10/05/12 at 09:20:09

Well if ya come back I'll give ya the info on what wire goes where on the 88' wiring harness now that I know that part of the equation.  As for the switch itself, since we don't have one that has the headlight cut out here in the States that part I can't help with.  I can help with parts of the wiring colors for it but some will be missing unless they use totally different colors.  You may need to take apart the switch assembly itself to see which wire goes where so you can tell me the colors for each on the individual switches, so that I can maybe match it up to one of the models that has hazard switch on the right side here in the states.   I was full ready to do my best to help you out on this endeavor as unlike many people I actually enjoy the electrical system part of projects.

I had asked the year you had gotten the harness and switches from because I remembered in another post that you were sourcing parts from an LS650 bike to put on your LS400 so I knew this was going to be a non-standard wiring project.  I do hope the banter didn't scare you off for good and you do come back as I was enjoying watching your build progress and was hoping to help where I could on your wiring issues.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 10/05/12 at 16:46:19

Paul, most USA market highway motorcycle models made after the mid-1970s don't have a headlight off switch. Our light controls are on the left side switch, strictly high-low settings. If we want an off position we need to relocate the wires to a 3 pole toggle switch with on-off-on settings. Like mine has, just haven't decided if they are going to be in bucket (aftermarket metal 7" headlight) or somewhere else. My 1963 Honda can be legally operated during daylight hours w/o the headlight, my 1998 Savage can not.

Your best bet is to chase the wiring with a test light, most of the board has USA spec bikes.

I hope he comes back. We need members from other parts of the world, not just state side. I enjoy seeing the model differences from the various markets.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/05/12 at 18:04:01

Just by way of information, permanent headlights on, on motorcycles didn't become law in New Zealand until the middle of the last decade and there is an exemption for pre 1981 bikes. I'm very un techo but his surplus wires wouldn't have anything to do with the clutch sidestand switch business?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:11:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Right Handle Switch Wiring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.