Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rethunk it, junk it or slap it back on & pray? (Read 105 times)
07s40scotty

If it doesn't kill
you- it makes you
stronger

TN
Rethunk it, junk it or slap it back on & pray?
10/03/12 at 14:49:57

I have my BS40 stock carb off my 07 and taken apart as best I know how. I replaced the Main Jet with a bigger one... the problem lies with the Pilot Jet  Undecided its stuck. The previous owner musta tried to get it out before me because it was slightly stripped. Now I've gone & REALLY stripped it. Am I doing something wrong? Does the tube that its in come off the carb somehow?Would removing the float the gasket & the plate help or do these have nothing to do with the Pilot coming out? I don't know if I've messed it up beyond it working but I'd REALLY like to get it out.

Should I stop messin with it & put the carb back together & pray that it works on the bike or try something different than my impact??

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rethunk it, junk it or slap it back on & pray?
Reply #1 - 10/03/12 at 15:22:02

The pilot jet isnt part of a tube,Its got ;; tell ya what, it looks kinda like a tool for pullin a Schrader valve out of a tire,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Rethunk it, junk it or slap it back on & p
Reply #2 - 10/03/12 at 15:34:54

At this point,.. I think I'd recommend prayer...
Previously,.. I've recommended a balanced approach,..(incremental steps of all circuits)...but, Halvors 02 testing seems to show a leaness in the main, moreso than in the pilot...  (changes in the pilot will also affect your mpg's more)...
So,.. run a guitar, or copper electrical wire through it and some carb cleaner, to make sure it's clear... and button her up and pray...
Leaness in the pilot isn't so stressful on the engine as the main, anyway... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 10/03/12 at 19:34:26

07s40scotty wrote on 10/03/12 at 14:49:57:
I have my BS40 stock carb off my 07 and taken apart as best I know how. I replaced the Main Jet with a bigger one... the problem lies with the Pilot Jet  Undecided its stuck. The previous owner musta tried to get it out before me because it was slightly stripped. Now I've gone & REALLY stripped it. Am I doing something wrong? Does the tube that its in come off the carb somehow?Would removing the float the gasket & the plate help or do these have nothing to do with the Pilot coming out? I don't know if I've messed it up beyond it working but I'd REALLY like to get it out.

Should I stop messin with it & put the carb back together & pray that it works on the bike or try something different than my impact??

An easy out will get it out usually.
Or a leftie drill.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 10/04/12 at 03:27:07

Used a small easy out on mine. Popped it right out. Destroyed the jet but so what, it was getting changed out anyway. Had turned green and closed almost completely off.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 02:29:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rethunk it, junk it or slap it back on & pray?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.