Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Does EVERY LS650 Have The Brake Squeal Problem? (Read 680 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Does EVERY LS650 Have The Brake Squeal Problem
Reply #30 - 08/19/17 at 04:42:18

I have EBC organic pads. They squeal like a tiny pig when I use the brake lightly.  It's just pad vibration and it doesn't bother me one bit.  If they are loud under heavy braking and you notice a loss of power, then they are probably contaminated.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #31 - 08/21/17 at 16:20:16

my back ones squeal like crazy the first 2 times I use them that day. They don't make a sound after that.  The fronts never make any noise.

I'm sure the back shoes are stock.  Not sure what's on the front.  They were on there when I got it and still have good pad on them.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Reply #32 - 08/21/17 at 19:36:13

No squeals yet on my 2015 S40, stock brakes.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #33 - 08/22/17 at 05:30:03

The short answer is "no", brake squeal is not common or normal. Here's the long answer...

If you have brake squeal, then something is wrong. Not wrong like don't ride your bike, but wrong none the less. Brake squeal is a byproduct of vibration - it's your pads vibrating like a guitar string. The pads should be loose when there is no pressure applied to the brakes, but once brake force is applied there should be sufficient pressure to transfer the force from the caliper piston to the brake pad without vibration.

More than likely the back of the brake pad - where it makes contact with the piston - isn't flat. Look at the pads for an indication of uneven wear. Apply some "anti-squeal" grease to help dampen the vibration, or change to a different pad. Less likely is an uneven surface on the piston or a piston that isn't being driven straight from the caliper. If this is the cause of the squeal then the caliper will need to be rebuilt.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 09:20:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Does EVERY LS650 Have The Brake Squeal Problem?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.