Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OEM Parts Provider/Parts Diagrams (Read 99 times)
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
OEM Parts Provider/Parts Diagrams
09/22/12 at 22:31:37

I was kind of curious if anybody else uses this site to order parts. PowersportsPlus.com  It is a site with a great layout. You can get nearly any OEM part for the Savage. They don't have every part directly in hand, somehow they accumulate them from other sources. When they have every part on your order list, they send it out to you. They have better prices than say the dealer, but not quite as competitive as if you were to find the part on eBay or say through a friendly soul on here.

The real nice part is the site provides a diagram for each specific part of the bike so you can order those hard to find screws or bolts. Sometime the diagrams are simply helpful for maintenance or to see how things are put together!

They also provide parts for all walks of Japanese Bikes, even vintage! A good friend of mine has a 77 GS550 that he has ordered plenty of parts for off of this site.

I was quite surprised that in my time here I haven't heard the site tossed around. I thought I would share this little gem of a resource. Just placed an order today actually for a rear break cable assembly and some screws my thumper has shook loose over the miles.  Cool

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Suzuki/Motorcycle/2001/LS650P/par...

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: OEM Parts Provider/Parts Diagrams
Reply #1 - 09/22/12 at 22:57:11

Never heard of them. I use Dennis Kirk or Ron Ayers.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 09/25/12 at 09:46:26

There are a lot of places you can get factory parts on the internet, and they have the factory parts lists.  Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, and many others offer the same service.  The dealers don't have a lot of parts in stock and have to order them, and these online companies often have to do the same.

My local Suzuki dealer also has an online parts finder, and I can order parts online or just look up the parts number myself....then stop by the dealer and order it using the part number.  I order often enough that the parts people know me and let me order over the telephone, and pay for it when it comes in.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #3 - 09/25/12 at 16:12:08

Dave wrote on 09/25/12 at 09:46:26:
There are a lot of places you can get factory parts on the internet, and they have the factory parts lists.  Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, and many others offer the same service.  The dealers don't have a lot of parts in stock and have to order them, and these online companies often have to do the same.

My local Suzuki dealer also has an online parts finder, and I can order parts online or just look up the parts number myself....then stop by the dealer and order it using the part number.  I order often enough that the parts people know me and let me order over the telephone, and pay for it when it comes in.

Dave do you go to the dealer in Florence? I have the same type of relationship with the dealer in Carrollton.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 09/25/12 at 16:14:44

Yep.....Honda of Florence.  They also carry Suzuki and Yamaha parts.  They are pretty good about getting me the weird stuff I need for old trials bikes....or my Savage.  I currently don't have any older trials bikes - but I do have a 2009 Sherco trials bike that is really fun.

IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #5 - 09/25/12 at 23:53:50

Quote:

I'll have to check out some of these and compare pricing next time. I was unaware that these guys were also big dealers in OEM parts. I was drawn to Powersports Plus since I really like the website layout and find it very easy to navigate/find what I need.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 09/26/12 at 06:12:12

When I am just buying one or two parts.....I often use the local dealer.

When it is a large order of factory parts, the savings on lower prices and no sales tax on internet sales can offset the shipping costs.

For clothing and tires and accessories.....Motorcycle Superstore usually is the best source and anything over $ 100 is free shipping.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:37:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OEM Parts Provider/Parts Diagrams

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.