Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Help please choosing exhaust (Read 564 times)
tomw
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Help please choosing exhaust
Reply #30 - 10/05/12 at 16:31:43

Ive installed a emgo shorty with the ryca 10 degree adapter ez to line up but hard to keep packing inside, had a crumb trap wielded in for a little more back preasure  but next time would wield a 4"to 6" can open type  baffle instead! like the look's of the shorty but for the time and money it's seames hard to beat the dyna muffler.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #31 - 10/05/12 at 17:04:31

I don't know anyone making a good Dunstall that isn't really pricey. If I ever get my parallel twin going again I'll spring for the pricey ones. My bike sounds like a small helicopter with the pipe set up I use.

Which is this monstrosity...
Emgo 12" shorty glass pack, 29" fishtail pipe with a weld in "stick stopper" or "beer can" baffle (depends on what catalog it comes from). Handful of copper scrubbing pads and a couple stainless steel ones to add some back pressure and mellow it out.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
grungeant
YaBB Newbies

2007 Suzuki S40

South Jersey
Reply #32 - 10/05/12 at 22:55:44

WD wrote on 10/05/12 at 17:04:31:
I don't know anyone making a good Dunstall that isn't really pricey. If I ever get my parallel twin going again I'll spring for the pricey ones. My bike sounds like a small helicopter with the pipe set up I use.

Can you link me to a pricey Dunstall muffler that looks like the Emgo one? I really like the look and the sound is starting to grow on me. It sort of sounds like a cross between my dad's old XT550, his old 12hp Toro mower, and a really ballsy 4 stroke quad in the lower rpm's.
I do already see some of the chrome getting a brownish hue, and there is already about 1/4" surface rust on the weld that attatches the rail mount slot.

Or is there anything I can have done to an Emgo one to make the chrome better? I would spend $60 on another one and have it done.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:24:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help please choosing exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.