On the ROAD again! (Read 46 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
On the ROAD again!
09/20/12 at 08:55:16

Got my bike back from the shop. After putting 2200 miles on it  ( from 475 to 2643) and putting the new petcock on .. the carb just began going nuts. hard starts and a stuck float.

I took it to an independent bike shop.. they are not a dealer for any brand. Mostly "kids" work there with a few old hippys thrown in for good measure.  I spoke with the main mechanic only ( James) and he assured me he could take care of he bike.

Adjust valves (this had never been done since new)
clean/service/tune carbs

Total bill was $235

Bike runs great, though I did turn the idle back up to where it sounds right.

They replaced the paper gas filter I had put on with a "stone" filter and put all new gas line. New Paper air filter.

Second day to be riding.  She pulls good, a tad bit quieter, does seem to keep the rpms up.. instead of settling back down, but it did that before as well.. bike design?

Next maint.. is the second oil change at the 3500 mile mark.

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: On the ROAD again!
Reply #1 - 09/20/12 at 09:35:56

When you're looking for a mechanic, talk to other bikers. They will know who NOT to go to. Every one I spoke to locally said not to go to any of the local dealers because they all have bad reps for their service departments.

Sounds like you may have found a good shop. Don't discount a young guy at a shop like that, he may be learning from a master. Hell, I was rebuilding car engines at 14, under the supervision of the shop owner.That young guy may be a master himself in a few years. Grin

Enjoy your ride!!! Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: On the ROAD again!
Reply #2 - 09/20/12 at 11:58:42

Congrats Pine! On both riding again and finding what seems to be a good shop!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 00:27:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › On the ROAD again!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.