Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new turn signals.. (Read 79 times)
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

new turn signals..
09/09/12 at 14:59:07

Well, I had a broken left rear that the PO had reattached with a hose clamp. I got tired of messing with it, so decided to ditch the side rails (which are a little rusty) and the back rest (pad was torn and chrome, was pitted) and put on some turn signals I had laying around.

I ended up jacking the rear up, and removing the shocks to drop the swingarm down far enough to get my hand up there to remove the side rail bolts and attach the turns. Worked good! You can see how faded my paint is now...my plan is to eventually pull the fender, bondo the holes, ditch the pillion, relocate the voltage regulator, and repaint.

basically I used the two forward most holes, one for the turn sig, and the other (closest to the seat) to bring the heatshrunk tubing covered wires back to the wiring harness. Not bad looking! (..well...better then a broken hose clamped one..)

I like the little suckers...they are actually quite bright for their size. I don't even remember where I got them. I think I originally bought them for a Ninja 250 I used to have years ago.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: new turn signals..
Reply #1 - 09/10/12 at 04:23:24

The lights look good MoJo, they almost blend right in  Smiley

Do you ever carry a passenger? I recall reading a post that the rails actually provide a good amount of the structural integrity to the rear seat (I searched but could not find the post I remember reading) Just giving you a heads up  Wink  Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: new turn signals..
Reply #2 - 09/10/12 at 05:52:32

ToesNose wrote on 09/10/12 at 04:23:24:
The lights look good MoJo, they almost blend right in  Smiley

Do you ever carry a passenger? I recall reading a post that the rails actually provide a good amount of the structural integrity to the rear seat (I searched but could not find the post I remember reading) Just giving you a heads up  Wink  Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Nah, no passenger on this one. (Their knees would cover the signals), I plan on removing the pillion (it's in bad shape) and the passenger pegs as soon as I relocate the voltage regulator. I just put the pillion back on to cover the wiring for now. The signals and no side rails look better without the rear seat anyway. (hopefully, I'll get it off and painted soon).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 19:38:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new turn signals..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.