Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Floorboards (Read 154 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Floorboards
08/28/12 at 10:17:26

Has anyone ever heard of floorboards with heel toe shifter for the Suzuki  S40? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Floorboards
Reply #1 - 08/28/12 at 10:23:49

Yessir! There have been a few(very few though!)posted here on the site but understand they were homebrewed. AFAIK there are no factory made heel/toe shifters for our bikes. Don't let that deter you though! Homebrewed can be mighty neat!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 08/28/12 at 10:35:07

I don't have the equipment to make my own. I might be able to use my GI ingenuity and make some out of bought parts, but probably not look good. The boards maybe, but not the heel toe shifter. Oh well, will keep looking.

IP Logged
kuri77

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca
Reply #3 - 08/28/12 at 17:41:08

"I started a thread about it here  "Heel'n Toe Shifter" on
11/24/11 about page 62 in the thread index.  Have had zero problems with it.  The allthread is uncracked and holding fine after another 3000 miles of use and 7 months later."    
It's months and miles since I wrote that and still going strong except it looks nasty since I haven't gotten around to painting it yet and rust is taking over.  Really pretty easy to do.  PM me if you have any more questions.

Big Sur
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 08/28/12 at 17:52:31

Some have had luck with these. I believe you need to enlarge the mounting hole or get smaller hardware.

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/ProductDetail?sku=5500000&N=0&Ne=0&Ntk=All&Ntt...

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #5 - 08/28/12 at 19:01:34

Yup. The boards above work on the Sav. Or at least ones that look just like them are what I use on mine. And yes you have to drill out the hole a bit for the 650's mounting bolt to fit. Mine had two different angles it could be mounted at. Even then the front tilts down a tich too much for my personal full comfort. Way better than foot pegs but still not quite perfect.

I should also mention that the rubber pads are awfully thin and that the glue that holds them in place is not very strong. I replaced the pads with some I cut from a textured front door mat. Much less slippery and way more comfy. To make sure they sty glued you might want to rough up the metal to give a better glue grip.

Jack

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #6 - 08/29/12 at 03:28:42

I would actually like to get floorboards with heel/toe shifter. Think I'll just leave it as is for now.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #7 - 08/29/12 at 07:53:26

I was thinking about these as floorboards: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/iso-driver-or-passenger-floorboards-various... they need added splines that may have to modified with grinding down or a spacer.
but would have to figure out how to connect something to gear shift for heel/toe shifter. I have no way to weld anything together and not sure bolting something together would be safe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 17:53:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Floorboards

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.