Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
K&N air filter (Read 116 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
K&N air filter
08/28/12 at 03:42:32

I put a K&N air filter in and have stock everything else on my 2012 Suzuki S40. I put the A/F at 1 1/2 turns out so it does not run so lean. Do I need to change my main jet from 145 to 147.5?

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: K&N air filter
Reply #1 - 08/28/12 at 04:11:20

with just the stock replacement K&N, unless you modified the stock air box you won't see much of a change in the mixture.  Although from the factory the mixture is set up lean.   The mixture screw you messed with is just for the idle/air mix,  it's not gonna help out the lean condition very much if at all.  In the Tech section there are a few posts on how to re-jet your bike properly.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 08/28/12 at 05:11:14

Thanks I will check that out. Not planning on doing any modifications other than the K&N filter.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #3 - 08/28/12 at 06:54:12

I think I will just leave everything as is. I have rejetted the carbs and synced them on a Yamaha 650 because I had put on Vance & Hines short shots. It was a Cass County trike conversion. Got tired of the noise and sold it to buy my Suzuki S40. Kind of like the quietness for a change. Found out how much of a pain changing main jet was. Could not get main jet back in and had to take top of carb off to hold the part inside down while I put main jet back in. Involves removing gas tank of course. In my case I had to empty the tank and take off petcock to get tank off. Pain in ass.

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #4 - 08/28/12 at 07:45:10

I have actually only re-jetted the main and pilot jets on a Yamaha 650, have never done any thing else, but I am sure I could if I wanted to. Think I will still leave my Suzuki S40 stock except for the K&N filter.

IP Logged
cafecarl

I love old
motorcycles

Maine
Reply #5 - 08/28/12 at 10:37:41

At least if you have to rejet you now only have one carb. Cool

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #6 - 08/28/12 at 11:04:18

That is true, but don't want to. A pain. Do you know about any manufactured floorboards with heel/toe shifter for the S40? Nobody seems to know except homemade ones.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:15:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › K&N air filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.