Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Savage as it stands right now (Read 116 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
My Savage as it stands right now
08/27/12 at 15:05:42

Well here is my little savage.   I still need to mount the Saddle bags properly and I need some new bars,  those buckhorns are to dang narrow for me.  Shoulders start hurting after alittle while with them.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: My Savage as it stands right now
Reply #1 - 08/27/12 at 15:58:13

Very nice. Love the color! What windshield is that? It looks like it would be perfect for the winter.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #2 - 08/27/12 at 16:25:21

Greg wrote on 08/27/12 at 15:58:13:
Very nice. Love the color! What windshield is that? It looks like it would be perfect for the winter.

Slip-Streamer Enterprise II

I'm fairly tall at 6'1"  so the height is pretty good for me.  The top of it sits about 1" below my nose line.

R.F.

« Last Edit: 08/27/12 at 17:57:58 by rfw2003 »  

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/27/12 at 16:30:06

Complete with convenient cup holder...
(gotta' hole there, might as well make good use of it)... Wink...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 08/27/12 at 17:57:27

Serowbot wrote on 08/27/12 at 16:30:06:
Complete with convenient cup holder...
(gotta' hole there, might as well make good use of it)... Wink...
Grin Grin Grin...

My thoughts exactly as you can see  Cheesy

This winter I may make a fiberglass cup holder to fit down in there and make it look more finished.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 08/27/12 at 18:17:23

I love black and chrome, but that yellow could win me over. Good job.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #6 - 08/27/12 at 19:56:56

Boofer wrote on 08/27/12 at 18:17:23:

Thanks,  Still trying to decide on paint though.  Myself I'm not that big a fan of the yellow.  

R.F.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #7 - 08/28/12 at 07:39:39

Looks good, and like you have made the changes to make it more comfortable/usable to you. Swapping those bars will make a big difference too.

Quick question, do you have a link for that phone case? I could sure use something like that for either my phone GPS.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #8 - 08/28/12 at 07:50:03

rfw2003 wrote on 08/27/12 at 19:56:56:
Boofer wrote on 08/27/12 at 18:17:23:

Thanks,  Still trying to decide on paint though.  Myself I'm not that big a fan of the yellow.  

R.F.

RF my '96 is the same yellow and when I first saw the scoot I wanted to turn around and drive off! I have to say now that I've had it three months I'm really liking the yellow and I get a lot of positive comments on it from all types of riders. Even cagers have had good comments on the color!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 08/28/12 at 08:31:22

EJID wrote on 08/28/12 at 07:39:39:
Looks good, and like you have made the changes to make it more comfortable/usable to you. Swapping those bars will make a big difference too.

Quick question, do you have a link for that phone case? I could sure use something like that for either my phone GPS.

Can't remember where I bought the mount,  but it's a Medium Size AQUA BOX by Ram mounts, with Ram's short arm Handle bar mount.

Thanks,  Was going more for comfort and usability.  I still tried to keep some good looks of this bike as well.  Later the side covers and stock air box and battery box will be removed and something else fabricated in for the battery mount and then a cone filter probably at a 90° bend out to the side.

R.F.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:38:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › My Savage as it stands right now

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.