SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
New Mask
08/26/12 at 13:50:39

A bike rally a few months back provided us with a handkerchief as part of the ride registration process. It came in handy when we rode through some light showers during the ride and stopped to cover up what the half helmet doesn't.

I've seen these skull masks online a few times, but never saw someone riding with it in person. So when I saw it for $11 on Amazon, I jumped on it. It smells a little, but I'm thinking that it will come out after washing it a time or two. The difference is night and day though. I almost find myself smiling behind it because I know that I won't have a mouth full of bugs and debris. And after getting caught in the rain twice already with it, it really helps cut down on the pain.

Available from Amazon here - http://www.amazon.com/Schampa-Lightweight-Skull-Face-VNG008/dp/B001AWLTX4/

It's velcro in the back, which a bunch of people complained about. Personally, I think it works great. I suppose having it where you could tie it tight would be a perk in some cases, as I have felt it get loose after 100+ mile ride, but I simply unvelcro it and put it back on tighter.

I've yet to have someone comment on it when I stop... but it makes me curious what people think when they pass me riding with it. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: New Mask
Reply #1 - 08/27/12 at 04:55:25

I keep looking at those as well. I carry a few handkerchiefs in my bags for the rain or heat. My problem was always the Velcro. For whatever reason, I never trusted it to hold anything sitting still so I didn't see how I could trust it at 55mph. I may end up with one though as my last rain experience kinda sucked. It rained so hard my handkerchief got soaked and I couldn't breathe through it any more. I have seen the waterproof masks and will probably get one.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/27/12 at 05:58:34

I took a tee shirt & pulled it tight on my head & face, marked it, sewed it, cut off the excess & had a very cheap thing to keep my face warm & rain off of it pretty good, enough to not sting like BBs flyin at me, anyway.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/27/12 at 06:17:00

My GF laughed when I pointed those out. She doesn't care for the skulls that are on my bike now.
I had an old kerchief I wrapped around my face and it was nice. I've since lost it but I'm looking to replace it.

--Steve

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #4 - 08/27/12 at 17:12:09

I've got one of those, made of some kinda neoprene or something, keeps your face warm in the cold. Only problem is I always have trouble with my glasses/goggles fogging up if I'm not moving at a decent speed. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #5 - 08/27/12 at 20:52:40

ya look silly! Grin

(IMHO)

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:32:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Mask

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.