Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dumb Question about Rear Spokes (Read 343 times)
John in Kalifornia

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dumb Question about Rear Spokes
Reply #15 - 08/28/12 at 08:24:43

Could you illustrate the 124mm spoke length lacing? The 148-150 mm follows the same pattern as the stock Savage 16 inch wheel. The angle is therefore less than the original, and matches up exactly to the Mike's XS rim, whose hole pattern is correct for an 18 inch drum brake setup.

The shorter 124mm length implies fewer "crosses" of the spokes.

John in Kalifornia

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/28/12 at 13:15:42

This is how it looks. It matches the angle of the rims holes perfectly. I dont think I would compare to the stock angles. The rim is much much smaller and so are the spokes. Its not apples to apples. If you compare it to the front rim its a similar pattern.

Ive laced many dirt bike rims and they all have this similar pattern. They exert more hp and torque considering the lower gearing as well as fall 20 feet out of the air on flat ground with no issues.

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/08/12 at 13:10:43

If you go here you can see that their has been problems in the past with RYCA and their rear rim...However, I recently bought the spokes and purchased a rim on ebay...drilled out the spoke holes...spokes were supplied all the same with same angles...and it laced up just fine...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1304722902/180

Here is my web site with a pic of my spoke job...

http://suzuki-s40-ratbrat.weebly.com/page-3.html

You can see in the pics on page 2 and 3 that the spokes are not bent at all...laced up just fine.

James

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/09/12 at 16:28:23

Your bike looks great so far braveteacher. Nice work. Your wheel looks pretty good, but from the picture you can see that it is still tweaked. The spokes should be pulled straight and you can see where the spokes are bent and pulled to one side where the gap in the nipples are.

It will perform find and 8/10 probably would never notice it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/10/12 at 03:19:43

I should not have said "Not bent at all"  LOL  Nothing is perfect...but it is well within the allowable limits of rim lacing...Dont I sound like I know what I am talking about...first rim I have ever laced...LOL I hope I am one of thoes 8 that dont notice it or I will be hitting you up for those spokes you purchased...LOL

Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 19:40:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dumb Question about Rear Spokes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.