YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Ryan's silver spoon...
08/18/12 at 14:41:27

Gee... I'm so shocked... Tongue...

"While Romney and Ryan champion the private sector over government, the Ryan family business, which goes back generations, has been built to a large extent on government contracts.

“A current search of Defense Department contracts suggests that ‘Ryan Incorporated Central’ has had at least 22 defense contracts with the federal government since 1996, including one from 1996 worth $5.6 million,” Salon reports. “What’s funny is that Mr. Anti-Spending secured millions in earmarks for his home state of Wisconsin, including, among other things, $3.3 million for highway projects. And Ryan voted to preserve $40 billion in special subsidies for big oil, an industry in which, it so happens, Ryan and his wife hold ownership stakes.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Ryan's silver spoon...
Reply #1 - 08/19/12 at 18:34:15

Not surprised....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/19/12 at 19:03:21

Woo HOO,, Bammy is a Good Guy!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/20/12 at 08:41:40

Obama was/is the child of a single mother.
Obama was at one time in his life dirt poor.
Obama and his wife was at one time up to their eyeballs in student debt.
Obama still clears under 800k over 450K of which is his presidential salary. BTW he has to pay the light bill and the water bill for the white house and he doesn't even get to replace or turn off the lights when he dont need to. Apparently most presidents are in for a sticker shock a month or 2 after they move in the WH from the bills they cant even cut down on.
Obama paid 20.5% of his income in taxes in 2011 - which seems rather quaintly steep compared to the Mitt "I've never paid less than 13% in taxes for any year and when you include the charitable contributions its over 20%" Romney. Oh gee, charitable contributions eh ... If I recall that Carl Rove outfit is considered a charity innit ?

Not taking sides or anything really but these are indisputable facts about Obama.

Dont underestimate the power of privelege even if you have not inherited it yet.
Mitt was never in his life going to worry about his next meal. If Mitt had a choice of taking a 20K job now or having to wait for a 40K tomorow, he had no pressures forcing him to take the 20K now. So many many many times in my life I have had to take the job available now so I can have food on the table. Years and years and years of having to put the now in front of the best have given me a diminished career and life, good as my life is, I can sell see where it could have been far better.

Good or not is not for me to decide. But Obama"s life is a lot closer to my life than Mitt will ever be and ironically that includes his stint as president.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 08/20/12 at 09:35:47

I seem to recall an earlier dirt poor president who also shat on the Constitution and we ended up with Civil War. Maybe if someone was poor, they shouldn't be president. Not taking sides, just making observations. I would like to see both Obama and Romney evaporate.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/20/12 at 09:43:03

This silver spoon stuff is BS. Sew would never raise up the topic if a Kennedy was running on the democratic ticket….

I’m a bit confused as to why a poor background is an automatic badge of honor?...

As Tevye says in Fiddler; it's no sin to be poor, but it's no great honor either...

If the surgeon about to save your life came from a privileged background, would you say you’d rather have someone who came up from the slums since he’s more like  you?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 08/20/12 at 09:59:30

It is about empathising with what you're going through.
I wont care about my surgeon's back ground, but I would care about my therapist's ... or heck friend's background. Imagine this, I am talking about pulling the motor out and re building it, and a blank look comes over his face and he says, "why dont you just ask your resident mechanic to do it ..."
Yea that wont fly well.
Or we talk about working 2 jobs to put food on the table, and Mitt trying to be one of us - Working 2 jobs, that
's so cool, such an american thing aint it. - If you dont believe me, that was said by Bush ...
Being president is more about empathising with the common man. Bteween these 2 teams of 2 (P and VP) sadly the Obama/Biden team is far more in touch with the people than Mitt/Ryan.

Whatever that counts for is yours to decide.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/20/12 at 10:41:35

WebsterMark wrote on 08/20/12 at 09:43:03:
As Tevye says in Fiddler; it's no sin to be poor, but it's no great honor either...

You know quoting someone is a little bit facetious and convenient.

You can find some one who has said anything and everything ... especially if you want to use it out of context.
Including this gem - "I feel like taking a huge dump on his chest"
yea that's what she said about Mitt Romney - that is the out of context part for ya ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/20/12 at 11:00:06

Your ‘man of the people, Obama along with ‘working class Joe’ are both bankrupting us.

Since you’re such a fan of quotes, one that’s assigned to Martin Luther (if he actually said it or not, who knows….)

I’d rather be ruled by a wise Turk than foolish Christian.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 08/20/12 at 12:14:42

Systematic dismantling of consumer protections and slackening of banking regulations (mostly by Republicans but sometimes aided by moderate Democrats like Clinton) is the primary contributor to this nation's bankruptcy - not the current administration.  I'm not particularly happy with their record so far but I think they were handed a huge mess and I honestly don't believe anyone else would have done any better; possibly worse.  However, so far as Ryan's "silver spoon" is concerned, I have no problem with fact that they made money off government contracts.  In fact, if I understand correctly, their fortune was actually founded on highway construction mandated by the Eisenhower administration.  Those were some excellent public works projects that helped to put a lot of folks to work after the war.  These days they would be called "stimulus".

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 08/20/12 at 12:17:52

WebsterMark wrote on 08/20/12 at 11:00:06:
Your ‘man of the people, Obama along with ‘working class Joe’ are both bankrupting us.

Since you’re such a fan of quotes, one that’s assigned to Martin Luther (if he actually said it or not, who knows….)

I’d rather be ruled by a wise Turk than foolish Christian.

He said I'd rather be ruled by a Turk than a Mormon.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 08/20/12 at 12:25:38

I think I'd take a wise beggar over a crooked rich guy.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/20/12 at 13:21:05

Those were some excellent public works projects that helped to put a lot of folks to work after the war.  These days they would be called "stimulus".

yea, well name me a project completed by the recent trillion dollar stimulus someone's gonna remember 25 years from now and say wow; look what they did back in 2012.....

Hopey's public work projects were digging ditches to keep union workers employed long enough to vote...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/20/12 at 13:22:10

I think I'd take a wise beggar over a crooked rich guy.

oh yea? go take out a home loan from a wise beggar.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 08/20/12 at 13:57:15

WebsterMark wrote on 08/20/12 at 13:21:05:
Those were some excellent public works projects that helped to put a lot of folks to work after the war.  These days they would be called "stimulus".

yea, well name me a project completed by the recent trillion dollar stimulus someone's gonna remember 25 years from now and say wow; look what they did back in 2012.....

Hopey's public work projects were digging ditches to keep union workers employed long enough to vote...

Well that is the whole standard of everything these days aint it.
Name 1 thing made today that people will in 25 years care about - and no a savage does not count, it was made in 86 and never changed (ok OK 5 speed etc over 4)
There was a lot of waste in the old days too, but no one got bashed over the head with it.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 05:32:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ryan's silver spoon...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.