Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fog Lights (Read 152 times)
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Fog Lights
08/17/12 at 12:49:25

Anyone ever put some fog lights on their Savage?

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fog Lights
Reply #1 - 08/18/12 at 08:38:57

I installed a pair of these on my Nighthawk; (which I use to go camping and traveling on). They weren't cheap, and I used a wiring loom from Eastern Beaver.com; also not cheap, but they are all super high quality, bullet proof, and work great!
Each one of these lights is substantially brighter than the stock headlight...

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-41/Model-60-LED...

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 08/18/12 at 12:28:28

28W a piece. Could the electrical system handle two of them?

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/18/12 at 12:42:28

i don't know about the Savage.
On my Nighthawk, I had two cheap-o 55w Halogen lights at first, but I sat at idle waiting for a long train and killed my battery with them. That's why I switched.
I know there are other LED driving lights out there that are cheaper, but I do a lot of riding on back country roads at night, and really wanted a good floodlight.
It realy depends on what you want from the lights; if you just want to be seen better by other drivers, you won't need anything this fancy...

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 08/18/12 at 12:47:49

teabowl13 wrote on 08/18/12 at 12:42:28:
i don't know about the Savage.
On my Nighthawk, I had two cheap-o 55w Halogen lights at first, but I sat at idle waiting for a long train and killed my battery with them. That's why I switched.
I know there are other LED driving lights out there that are cheaper, but I do a lot of riding on back country roads at night, and really wanted a good floodlight.
It realy depends on what you want from the lights; if you just want to be seen better by other drivers, you won't need anything this fancy...

No I wanna SEE at night, although the stocklight with a Sylvania Silverware bulb isn't all that shabby. But could be better. Especially the high beam with that bulb is actually pretty decent, at least for me. But only after I got that bulb in there. I could use a bit more low beam output, perhaps just mount one of them underneath the stock light. There's bolts in the tree that could be used for fabbing a bracket to screw on there.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #5 - 08/19/12 at 03:20:20

ralfyguy wrote on 08/18/12 at 12:28:28:
28W a piece. Could the electrical system handle two of them?

I think that Yes, power generator suffice. it is about 350w and load on it is approximately 250-300w. these lamps consume 28w. still remains a small supply of power.

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
sytvngale
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/19/12 at 11:14:41

I found a really nice looking light bar that I plan to put on mine.  I have to save some nickels, however, because it costs about $230.  Supposedly it comes with a wiring harness that goes direct to the battery and provides a separate switch for the fog lights.  Anyone used one of these?  I'll try and find the link, but I think it is made by Kuyakan

IP Logged
sytvngale
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/19/12 at 11:22:31

IP Logged
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Reply #8 - 08/20/12 at 06:36:04

sytvngale wrote on 08/19/12 at 11:22:31:

Nice!  Don't know if I want to spend that much $ but they do look good!  Thanks for the link!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 08:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fog Lights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.