Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Need help very important VIdeo included too!!!!! (Read 459 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Need help very important VIdeo included too!!!
Reply #15 - 08/17/12 at 12:44:47

martinfilms34 wrote on 08/17/12 at 12:41:12:
My bike is an 87. And how do i get it load tested?

Pull the battery out.  Take it to Auto Zone or some other car parts place.  They should be able to do a load test.
New battery can probably be had at a large Walmart.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #16 - 08/17/12 at 12:46:39

I dont know much about bikes...

I do know I was able to jump start my bike by putting the jumper right on the starter .. iggy was on, but i didnt have to touch the starter button..so it bypassed a bunch... maybe not smart... but if you tap it real quick and the starter engages and spins... you know it aint teh starter... on the flip side if that dont make that starter spin... there you go.

light rap with a rubber mallet on the starter... do these thing have a throw out bearing?

IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #17 - 08/17/12 at 12:51:00

Checked the battery to frame connection cleaned it up and still same problem. Should i attempt to jump start it?

IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #18 - 08/17/12 at 13:04:24

Okay, after attempting to jump start it from a car battery the same thing happened. It clicked and would not start. Which is making me lean torwards it not being the battery. What can it be and how do i check it? I really need this fixed guys

IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #19 - 08/17/12 at 13:08:49

I found this post by searching
"had an issue with my relay (86).

Occasionally, I would hit it, and it wouldn't turn at all. Weird things were happening, like the neutral switch would go out. The sidestand light would turn off when I hit the starter switch. It had all the telltale signs of a nasty grounding problem.

After a very long time of checking this and doing that, I found the problem. It was indeed the relay. A 21 year old relay is not going to be as efficient as a new one. And the cheapness (Actually poorness) in me prohibited buying a new switch.

So I pulled the relay, and saw all this beautiful green white corrosion on the terminals. First step clean it all up.
Next was to give it a few well placed taps to free the insides. I can only imagine that the insides were just as corroded, but unlike the relay that controls the turn signals, I couldn't figure out open this one up.

Well, when I had trouble starting, I'd take a long screwdriver and tap the relay. Sure enough the jolt would free up whatever was binding, and it would start.

I ended up just repositioned the relay to a more accessible location where I could tap it with my hand because I didn't always have a long screwdriver to reach it above the carb.

This may not be the same problem as yours, but the symptoms are similar.  Just try tapping (NOT WHACKING!!!) the relay. If it does start up, and you'd rather not buy a new one, just relocate it. "

how do i go upon doing this?

Im sorry for all the overloading guys, normally I would ask my dad to help me out but do to our financial situation he had to move to Colombia. So Im on my own

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #20 - 08/17/12 at 13:11:50

So much for the easy stuff.  Time to start eliminating the horrible.
I certainly hope the motor isn't frozen.

Pull the spark plug, and see if it will crank with the starter.
If not, leave the plug out and see if the motor will turn if you put it in gear and push the bike.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #21 - 08/17/12 at 13:25:45

So i tried to crank with the plug out and it wouldnt. I dont really know what to do to push start it. WHat should i do?

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #22 - 08/17/12 at 13:28:48

From the description in the message you found, that is the decomp relay.
It sounds like yours is working OK.

Serowbot mentioned the "relay under the seat" and the "starter solenoid".  I don't know what he is talking about.. the relay under the seat IS the starter solenoid.  I must not understand what he is saying.

That might be the problem.. hard to say.

Put a volt meter on the starter hot lead.  Ground the meter to the frame.
Hit the starter.  If you get good voltage, your starter solenoid is working.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #23 - 08/17/12 at 13:29:58

Good news is that the motor is not frozen i managed to push start it. And it ran around the block fine.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #24 - 08/17/12 at 13:30:14

martinfilms34 wrote on 08/17/12 at 13:25:45:
So i tried to crank with the plug out and it wouldnt. I dont really know what to do to push start it. WHat should i do?

Did you try putting the bike in gear and moving it with the plug out?  The bike should roll and turn the engine over, not slide on the tires.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #25 - 08/17/12 at 13:33:11

martinfilms34 wrote on 08/17/12 at 13:29:58:
Good news is that the motor is not frozen i managed to push start it. And it ran around the block fine.

very cool..
so, back to the starter or battery or electrical related to it.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #26 - 08/17/12 at 13:36:34

Since the bike didn't jump start from a car, i dont think it is the battery. Its either what i believe the starter or some electrical problems. What should i check next

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #27 - 08/17/12 at 13:41:26

If you have a voltmeter, check voltage to the starter with that.
If voltage there, the decomp and starter relays are working.  I would pull the starter like greenmonster said and see if it spins ok.
If no voltage, it could be the decomp (I retract my previous statement, as that decomp relay does more than just fire the decomp solenoid), or the starter relay(solenoid) under the seat.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #28 - 08/17/12 at 13:43:09

and .. just to make sure.. check the fuses (under the seat on the right side)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #29 - 08/17/12 at 13:44:15

I'm sorry for my total lack of knowledge but where is the starter? where i need to connect my volatge meter to

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 01:21:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need help very important VIdeo included too!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.