Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Thanks- shoutout
08/11/12 at 13:30:51

Just a shout-out to everyone on here.

i removed my tank for the first time today. I wanted to check the spark plug, since I bought the bike used and had no idea as to its condition. Turned out the plug looked great.. but was not near tight enough to my liking( finger tight). Yes, I was careful not to get overly manly about it..just a few extra foot pounds from  how I got it.

I change the oil.. second change for me... but I did not change the oil filter ( I did that last time). I just can reconcile a new filter in 1500 miles. I will probably change everything when I put her up for the winter.. regardless of miles.

I did take the speedo apart, but I did not do the "full blown" squeak fix. Instead I just cut a few self made rubber washers from a gas hose and slapped them up in there. Seems to have done the trick for now.. about 99% improvement. All I hear now is wind in my helmet and the throb of the exhaust.

things still on the to-do list... valve adjustment... I chickend out this time.

Rode trip to TN for the tire and meet another Savage rider. I feel like i am the only one in the state.

Oh yeah .. take my test and get lic...now that my bike is all legal like!!

Oh and the shout out.. ITs everyone on here that gave me the info and the courgage to take these tasks on. THANKS!!!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Thanks- shoutout
Reply #1 - 08/11/12 at 21:49:41

Cool beans Pine! I need to do the plug and valve adjustment too,just working up the ....... to tear into it! But what's this about putting it up for winter Shocked ? You're farther south than me and ride all winter up here in Kentucky! And I'm an "old fart"!

Anyhoo.........glad you're rockin' the thumper man!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 08/12/12 at 07:27:59

Pine, you're not the only one in Ms. I rode down to Golden, Red Bay, Hackelburg, Al and back yesterday. About 130 miles. And I bought my Harley muffler from a guy in Corinth who was teaching his Grandson to ride on a Savage.

And I don't adjust nothing that doesn't need it. I'd rather ride. Don't put your bike up for the winter. Get a Schumacher trickle charger at WalMart for $20 and ride when it warms up ocassionally.

I'm as far north as you can get, and I figure you're about 40 miles away, but I won't disclose your location. Have a happy winter. Riding on 65 degree days is great!. And the winter sun makes your bike pictures different from the regular old summer shots in the front yard.

Smiley Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 08/13/12 at 05:47:13

You get winter down there? Since when? I bought mine in Biloxi in Feb 98 and rode it to Baton Rouge the next weekend, 2 up, for an SCA event.

Winter in Missiswampy? Never heard of it...  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 08/13/12 at 15:45:26

Wow, it's been quite a few years since I've heard someone mention the SCA.  When I was stationed on my first ship home-ported at Pearl Harbor, a couple of the guys on the boat were part of "The Barony of the Western Seas".

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:31:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Thanks- shoutout

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.