Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Haven't posted in a while - so story time (Read 123 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Haven't posted in a while - so story time
08/08/12 at 13:21:53

I stopped at my usual gas station to fill up. I was all set to leave when an older fella ( 70-ish) cuts off another gas station user and pulls up to me. First he wants to know what kind of bike it is.. then where the controls are... then recounts is triumph and BSA riding days... then asks what I paid for it... then offers me that plus $500.

I said no..... at the time I had not yet gotten the title!

PS: I now have the title (since saturday 8-4-2012)., I have had the bike since april 2012, and have put just a tad over 1500 miles... almost all work commutes.  So still under 2000 miles total.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Haven't posted in a while - so story time
Reply #1 - 08/08/12 at 16:43:57

Still waiting for you to come get your rear tire...  Wink I'm almost always here.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 08/09/12 at 07:06:31

Good deal Pine! Glad to see you're enjoying your scoot. And hey,don't be a stranger Grin!!!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 08/11/12 at 13:33:55

WD wrote on 08/08/12 at 16:43:57:
Still waiting for you to come get your rear tire...  Wink I'm almost always here.

I know.. well just got a title. and the tag.. and the inspection

so now if I do get pulled over they wont throw me under the jail!!

Going up there is definatly on my short.. and not just to get a tire.. I need out of the house!!!!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 08/11/12 at 21:53:34

Pine wrote on 08/11/12 at 13:33:55:
WD wrote on 08/08/12 at 16:43:57:

I know.. well just got a title. and the tag.. and the inspection

so now if I do get pulled over they wont throw me under the jail!!

Going up there is definatly on my short.. and not just to get a tire.. I need out of the house!!!!

Pine you might as well take an extra couple of days and come on up to northern Kentucky.....and Bring WD with you! At least there would be three Thumpers together at one time!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 08/13/12 at 05:55:04

Mine would have to be in the back of the Ranger since the bike is in a zillion pieces. Tore it down to repaint it, moved back here mid-paint job. Toted it cross country as a rolling basket case.

Can't get either of the Suzukis to fire off, Lisa's Intruder is down with electrical problems (no fire to the coils, fuel pump, start button).

And my 1963 Honda decided all on its own volition to lock up the tranny. Kicker arm moves a whole 3/16 of an inch now.

Ready to have my buddy Nitro send the 57 Panhead rigid springer barhopper here, but, it needs about $28K worth of overhaul to be ridable again... don't have that kind of money to waste on it right now.

Had to wait for the bike to be legal? Mine hasn't been street legal for years, hasn't stopped me from riding it when I could. Doesn't have: speedometer, horn, turn signals (decorative only, switch fell apart), functional mirrors, full size tail light (mine went illegal decades ago for bikes made after 1954)...  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 17:40:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Haven't posted in a while - so story time

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.