Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dyna muffler on and I love it. (Read 128 times)
j

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dyna muffler on and I love it.
08/08/12 at 19:58:06

But I got a coupla' questions.  

How close can the heat shield by the footpeg be to the header pipe?  Currently where everything ended up I can see about a 5mm gap at the closest point.  Obviously don't wanna melt my foot off.

How many turns out on the idle mixture screw before I risk losing it?  Currently 2.5 turns out and I'm getting NO BACKFIRES outta this harley muffler, stock jets, which surprised me.

How much leakage is acceptable? I tightened the header bolts back in enough so there's no leaking but I can feel a little air around the muffler/header joint.  I used one layer of tin can to shim, may go back and use a second.  I'm getting NO backfires and a little but not much loss of torque, sorta what I expected from this slightly freer flowing muffler.  Any reason to fix this?

Also, just to vent, I got everything back on and realized that I forgot to get off all the rust in the impossible to reach spots on my header pipe.  Sad

Thanks for the help!
Josh

PS - for anyone considering this: sound is about the same volume but deeper and doesn't sound as much like little puffs - exactly what I was looking for.

2005 S40. Dyna muffler. 12.5 Prog Shocks. Socket risers.
  IP Logged
j

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dyna muffler on and I love it.
Reply #1 - 08/08/12 at 20:01:21

also, forgot to mention, today I was in a turn lane and an attractive woman in an SUV stopped in the middle of the road to tell me I had a beautiful bike.  My response, "This?".  Then she had to keep moving.  darn I'm lame, but that really caught me off guard, as I don't get that often and didn't really expect to with this bike.

2005 S40. Dyna muffler. 12.5 Prog Shocks. Socket risers.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 08/09/12 at 04:22:03

I guess she wasn't Harly a snob   Cheesy
I think the LS650's are nice looking bikes stock, especially the cool looking big single  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #3 - 08/09/12 at 07:12:28

Josh while you don't get that attention every day do expect it often. And it's often the ladies like you met you get it from. I think it's partly due to the size of the bike,plus the big thumper engine....it's not another H-D knock-off and they like that! That makes us Savage riders Cool unique and not part of the herd!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Mr.Orange
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/09/12 at 16:17:34

amen Zar

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:32:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna muffler on and I love it.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.