Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Foot Pegs (Read 327 times)
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Foot Pegs
08/08/12 at 13:45:38

Anyone know of any nice (<-- I know this is an opinion, but . . .) after market front pegs that will connect to the stock spot on the S40 ?

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Foot Pegs
Reply #1 - 08/08/12 at 13:56:52

I'm kinda fond of my used ISO style pegs that I picked up for cheap on eBay. I think I got 2 pair for like $15 shipped. The only thing necessary to mount them in place of the stock pegs was I purchased a different allen head bolt for each and a small brass bushing to take up the slack.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #2 - 08/08/12 at 14:08:38

Those are very sharp and hopefully soon I'll have the Ed L forward controls too. Gonna check out Ebay for a pair.

IP Logged
Foxman276
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #3 - 08/08/12 at 18:46:55

Check out D-Z Customs on eBay. Lots of cool stuff for our bike. A little pricier than $15 though!

IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #4 - 08/08/12 at 18:56:07

D-Z does have some nice stuff. Although I have a question for Ed L forward control owners. Will I be able to mount different kinds of pegs on them other the the stock male pegs ? Probably a better question for Ed, maybe he will see this.

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #5 - 08/08/12 at 19:31:10

Why can't I find this D-Z Customs?  I searched using ever configuration I could think of...  Undecided

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #6 - 08/08/12 at 19:35:34

Go to bottom of ebay screen and click on stores, then type in  "D-Z" only and you will see it at top of the list D-Z CUSTOM CYCLE WORKS.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #7 - 08/09/12 at 07:36:16

TROX wrote on 08/08/12 at 18:56:07:
...I have a question for Ed L forward control owners. Will I be able to mount different kinds of pegs on them other the the stock male pegs ?...

As you can see in the image above, the forward control plates are just that, plates that move your stock control components forward how ever many inches. If it fits on the stock components it will fit on the forward components. HD male type pegs will work, but you have 2 options of modifying them to get them to work. Option 1, either drill or machine open the mounting hole on the peg slightly so that the stock mounting bolts still work. Option 2, which I chose, buy replacement mounting bolts and a small brass sleeve/collar and mount the pegs without having to drill that hardened steel.

Your choice, but I'm happy with my results  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #8 - 08/09/12 at 11:59:40

I gotcha now EJID, the brass bushing does sound better, don't have to mess up new pegs.    Grin

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/09/12 at 12:05:37

EJID,
You got any details on that bushing or bolt that you used?  or pictures?

Did you still use the original weird looking bumper piece when you put the pegs on? (#10 in this picture http://www.bikebandit.com/2002-suzuki-savage-650-ls650p/o/m147696#sch237305 )

I put some of those drilled pegs on a long time ago, and they flop down too far.  Just can't seem to get 'em to stay level.

Thanks

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #10 - 08/09/12 at 14:27:36

TROX & youzguyz,

I did still put in the part #10 that you are mentioning.
When I took off the stock pegs, I took the small allen head bolt (#8 in the same diagram) & a new peg with me to Lowes to find a replacement. I found a new bolt that did not have the big shoulder area and found a brass sleeve type thing that fit snug over the bolt.
When I got home I took a hacksaw to the brass sleeve and cut it down so that it would fit where I need it to.
On a side note, I tightened it down so tight that neither of my pegs fold up like they used to, and that could be a hazard if I was into peg scraping type riding, but I take a more leisurely type ride and my pegs don't sag  Grin

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #11 - 08/09/12 at 14:44:33

EJID wrote on 08/09/12 at 14:27:36:
On a side note, I tightened it down so tight that neither of my pegs fold up like they used to, and that could be a hazard if I was into peg scraping type riding, but I take a more leisurely type ride and my pegs don't sag  Grin

Are you saying they would sag if they weren't tightened down hard?  (If you loosened them up a bit so they can fold up, would they sag?)

Thanks

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #12 - 08/09/12 at 14:46:22

Awesome, thanks for the further info.   Youzguyz, great question.  I don't mind them not folding up as long as they don't go the other direction, HA.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #13 - 08/09/12 at 15:02:02

youzguyz wrote on 08/09/12 at 14:44:33:
EJID wrote on 08/09/12 at 14:27:36:

Are you saying they would sag if they weren't tightened down hard?  (If you loosened them up a bit so they can fold up, would they sag?)

Thanks

I'm not sure... IIRC I took one back off for some reason and the brass sleeve was somewhat crushed due to tightening then down so much. I didn't even think that there would be a problem until I was reading on here about someone wanting to build their own highway pegs and they were warned about them not folding if they caught the ground.

I was more worried about them coming loose if I didn't tighten them down enough. I guess I could use some loc-tite  Huh

IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #14 - 08/09/12 at 18:14:33

Hey yalls... Thanx for the info on d-z... I have routy's fwd controls and found just the pegs I been looking for. Those ones they have with the heal mount...and they will bolt right up W00T

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:24:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Foot Pegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.