Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Send Topic Print
RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS (Read 6258 times)
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Re: RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS
Reply #225 - 11/21/12 at 12:12:34

I am pleased you modified your question about the Miltec and replaced my name with Robertos. Doesnt make you look so senile.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #226 - 11/21/12 at 12:15:19

Show me where I said that I had brought a particular oil other than the Penrite. And I am not trying to show you anything new, I am wanting your knowledge before I use something in my bike. Once again you are getting confused.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #227 - 11/21/12 at 12:17:06

I went with this oil today because of what you quoted  "Penrite 10 plus oils seem to be fairly good Australian oils according to the Bobistheoilguy crew from Australia.  They have enough ZDDP in them to meet the minimum Savage ZDDP criteria "as is"."

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #228 - 11/21/12 at 12:20:42

Please elaborate exactly what nonsense I pumped at you/

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #229 - 11/21/12 at 12:30:52

This is worse than txting, So many things can be taken out of context. Huge confusion here i Think.  I have managed to gather enough information from Oldfeller to use the right mix of oil and ZDDP. Thanks Oldfeller, it took awhile but I was able to pick your brain enough to find my answers.  So If I understand correctly Penrite 10 plus meets the minimum requirements for ZDDP. Excellent.

Great work Oldfeller I got what I need. Wink

Grin       OF ....  glad that this senile old fart could help you get your daily dose of jollies

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #230 - 11/21/12 at 14:17:36

For anyone just checking in,.. and not interested in going over 15 pages of posts... just condense this thread down to... ...use, Rotella...  Smiley

It's cheap enough,.. it's good enough,.. it's pretty available,... and it's fun to say,...
"Rotella"...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #231 - 11/21/12 at 14:27:59

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/12 at 14:17:36:
For anyone just checking in,.. and not interested in going over 15 pages of posts... just condense this thread down to... ...use, Rotella...  Smiley

It's cheap enough,.. it's good enough,.. it's pretty available,... and it's fun to say,...
"Rotella"...  Grin...

Ditto

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #232 - 11/21/12 at 18:59:00

Paul,If you cant lay hands on Shell's Rotella 15/40, if its the same stuff in a different jug there, okay, whatever, but if you cant get that stuff, then Get Suzuki oil, screw the cost, to hell with Everything about Engine Longevity & I want the BEST oil, Solve the clutch problem, Then worry about finding the best oil. YOu only have to flush it, maybe twice, then, Off to the races hunting that magic oil, but unless you put in something you ABSOLUTELY KNOW is right for that clutch & add NOTHING, you could swap oil, spend a load of $$ / quart & still be slipping, & wind up tearing it down & cleaning the clutch up disk by disk.
Ive made a living solving problems,.,Task Oriented Thinking is essential, Solve The Problem, Then do whatever you want after that.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #233 - 11/21/12 at 19:01:07

Good advise thanks Justin. Smiley

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #234 - 11/21/12 at 19:06:20

When you say flush do you mean using a particular flushing product?justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/21/12 at 18:59:00:
Paul,If you cant lay hands on Shell's Rotella 15/40, if its the same stuff in a different jug there, okay, whatever, but if you cant get that stuff, then Get Suzuki oil, screw the cost, to hell with Everything about Engine Longevity & I want the BEST oil, Solve the clutch problem, Then worry about finding the best oil. YOu only have to flush it, maybe twice, then, Off to the races hunting that magic oil, but unless you put in something you ABSOLUTELY KNOW is right for that clutch & add NOTHING, you could swap oil, spend a load of $$ / quart & still be slipping, & wind up tearing it down & cleaning the clutch up disk by disk.
Ive made a living solving problems,.,Task Oriented Thinking is essential, Solve The Problem, Then do whatever you want after that.,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #235 - 11/21/12 at 19:49:41

No. Nothing special, not yet. Id dump the oil & replace it with an oil you KNOW absolutely will not make the clutch slip & doesnt cost an arm & a Leg. Rotella T 15/40 is my favorite, I believe its good enough to get a service life outta the engine long enough to wear the rest of the bike out.
Who needs more? If you cant find Rotella T, or Shells product under another name that IS Rotella T here, then get Suzuki oil, dump it, slap a new filter in it, go ride, dont TRY to make it slip, just ride it a coupla hundred miles, then, if it slips any, dump it again,

If theres No IMprovement, then youre most likely gonna have to open it up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Roberto1444
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brazil
Reply #236 - 11/21/12 at 21:57:44

Old bikers - notice how they ride if you want to live long.

Dear Oldfeller, I'm quite old too and retired from my past professional activities, which didn't include selling anything to anybody. So it was not fair at all to mistake me for a contemptible snake oil shill.

Old age... well, ok, there's a bunch of kids here calling me grandpa but I'm fine, except for a back pain that I suspect the Savage should be blamed for. But I gladly forgive her, she mistreats this oldie a bit but gives him so much pleasure... And my liver is ok too, people don't complain of my bad temper.

Nice, nice, very nice. So many different people in the same device. (Kurt Vonnegut)
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #237 - 12/04/12 at 20:56:32

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/21/12 at 11:24:52:
.....The Miltec was the exact same stuff that is sitting by my keyboard, the guy used an ounce of it in a sump of normal oil to juice up a Goldwing (dry clutch, separate engine sump).....

For the record, all Gold Wings (from the first ones in 1975) have had wet clutches.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming......

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #238 - 01/01/13 at 13:10:52

On links for the redline ZDDP, both Summit and Jeggs have it cheaper than Amazon depending on quantity and how you do shipping.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Red-Line-Oil/816/81403/10002/-1
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/red-81403

And if you have a local Cycle Gear, they stock RedLine Motorcycle Oil.  Good in a pinch, if a little expensive.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #239 - 01/01/13 at 16:55:20

Heck, right now Amazon is showing NO STOCK at all ....

Amazon comes and goes, comes and goes -- Prime shipping is cheap sometimes (if the stuff is actually in a Amazon warehouse) other times you pay somebody else more to ship it from their place.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 04:34:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.