Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25
Send Topic Print
RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS (Read 6258 times)
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS
Reply #210 - 11/20/12 at 22:27:15

Where did you buy it Paul, Super Cheap or Repco? How much was it?

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #211 - 11/20/12 at 22:42:12

Its on Trademe for $50.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #212 - 11/20/12 at 22:43:44

This is the auction number, {535334801)

IP Logged
Roberto1444
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brazil
Reply #213 - 11/21/12 at 07:50:59

Thanks a lot Oldfeller, for your opinion. I've seen many motorcycle forums discussing the use of militec. Some of the guys have a no no opinion like yours, some others report excellent experiences and no one talks about clutch slippage. The pdf I linked to my other post says:

"Effects on clutch slippage - Four motorcycles in addition to the GL 1500 were used for this test. These were as follows:
1988 BMW R100 RS
1990 Harley Davidson 883 SportsterZ
1988 Suzuki Intruder 750
1987 Kawasaki Concour
The last three motorcycles all have wet sumps. All used a ratio of 2 ounces of Militec-1 per quart of oil. The GL1500 was also tested at 4 ounces per quart of oil.
Results: There was no sign of any slippage nor of any abnormal clutch effects in all of the motorcycles tested."

Now this is what the manufacturer says about the Teflon content of militec:
"MILITEC-1 does not contain any solids, Teflon PTFE, solvents, metals, viscosity enhancers, chlorinated paraffin's or other harmful ingredients. MILITEC-l is non-hazardous, non toxic, non-combustible, and is approved environmentally for U.S. Navy submarine use".

Obviouly I wouldn't ask questions about my local marketplace here, but it seems that many US bikers are using this booster with very good results, so I'm talking generically, in the presumption that it can replace ZDDP boosters.

We have a bunch of motorcycle oils here, those I listed are API SF/JASO MA.

Nice, nice, very nice. So many different people in the same device. (Kurt Vonnegut)
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #214 - 11/21/12 at 10:55:11

Roberto/PaulMarshal (don't want to leave any part of you out), you are the one who drew the parallel between Miltec gun products, and having pulled out my bottle of Miltec and set it next to my keyboard I can cleanly say the Miltec gun products contain a lot of solids.  There is a solid residue in the bottom of the bottle and a clear oil carrier.  Shaking it, the finely divided solids go into suspension, but there is still a clump of stuff at the bottom of the bottle.

So, No Recommendation for Miltec products based upon your earlier words.   How in the heck you make the leap from a gun slide & barrel lubricant and cleaner to a wet clutch motorcycle lubricant I have NO freekin' idea, but it sounds pretty dubious to me.

Next, to be honest you and your posting buddy Paul Marshal are beginning to sound like you are in commercial business (Paul is honest there at least) and as such you are not going to be shilling your products in Rubber Side Down.  

You may post ONE (1) advertising thread in Marketplace, beyond that I will begin deleting any new posts about your commercial products in RSD.

Now, Roberto1444 and PaulMarshal -- you have been asked politely in an oil thread to POST VOA DATA on your proposed oil.  

Personally, I don't care all that much about what the marketing chat is on any oil -- sources that do not post VOA data from a reputable lab kinda fall into the Klotz catagory (which was "it's top secret, we won't ever say what is in our oil").   Bobistheoilguy is an excellent source for VOA data for those manufacturers who won't post what is in their oil.

Lastly, your clutch.  I pity your clutch.  Your clutch deserves my pity as Lord knows what you have been putting in your sump.  

Miltec .......    Roll Eyes

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=miltec+motor+oil&ie=...

« Last Edit: 11/21/12 at 13:11:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #215 - 11/21/12 at 11:04:03

Oldfeller you certainly sound old Grin. I will remove my earlier post myself mate. I was so ecstatic that I managed to find suitable oils in this country, and wanted your opinion. no I am not a commercial seller and I will continue to post questions when I dont have the answers. And I may no ask the appropriate questions in the appropriate way this is due to my lack of knowledge, which im endeavouring to improve by asking questions. I apologise AGAIN but if the question isnt being asked to your satisfaction  could you kindly ignore it.   

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #216 - 11/21/12 at 11:07:06

There we go Oldfeller I left the only oil post I plan to use. I know my posts have helped one fellow New Zealander but sorry it doesnt suit you.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #217 - 11/21/12 at 11:09:50

I have drained the old oil and added the new, No more clutch slip . Cool

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #218 - 11/21/12 at 11:24:52

Roberto, did you read your own PDF?   The Miltec was the exact same stuff that is sitting by my keyboard, the guy used an ounce of it in a sump of normal oil to juice up a Goldwing (dry clutch, separate engine sump).

Yes, I am old -- and not up for exploring into strange new worlds where no man has gone before.

The intent of this tread was to find some inexpensive oils that fit our particular antique flat tappet wet sump motorcycle engine.   What we find is that our old bike is in conflict with all current car standards and as of six months ago we are in conflict with the current motorcycle standards as well.

Miltec is not a solution.   Nor is STP, nor is Lucas oil treatment.   Even our ZDDP boosters were carefully vetted to make sure there were no moly compounds or other clutch slippers in them.

Our recommendations stand until somebody can show a VOA from an independent lab that tell us exactly what is in your proposed oils and additives.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #219 - 11/21/12 at 11:26:18

Oldfeller I have never mentioned anything about Miltec. I dont know what that stuff is. You have confused me with someone else.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #220 - 11/21/12 at 11:42:18

You are right, Paul Marshal that was Roberto that posted about Miltec.  And you, Paul Marshal did state in your self-deleted post that you were a new reseller of that Classic oil.

You were posting about Classic single weight oils intended for separate sump antique motorcycles.  Which doesn't apply all that well to a still in production Japanese wet sump motorcycle that asks for a 10w40 weight oil, not all that well anyway ....

SD classification, that's interesting.   How much ZDDP does you simple SD classification oil have in it?  

In America, the SD classification is obsolete now and is not enforced, plus it says "up to 1,500 ppm of ZDDP" and so we have some low end manufacturers correctly claiming compliance with only 800 ppm of ZDDP (they are selling relabelled car oil again).

And then we have some manufacturers that deliver the entire 1,500 ppm, but at a premium price that goes beyond the $10 a quart that Redline Motorcycle oil gets through Amazon Prime.

So, which is yours PaulMarshal?  

And I am glad your clutch quit slipping just because you changed your oil.    

That was a quick oil change, BTW.    You bought the stuff on line, got it shipped in and put it in your sump inside of three hours.   

Jiffy Lube would have been proud to do an oil change that fast.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #221 - 11/21/12 at 11:53:22

So the oil PENRITE OIL FOR MOTORCYCLES MC-4ST, which is the post that I have left, Is in fact 10W/40 but with the extra zinc makes it 10W/50? Is this right?
I have brought the Eastwood ZDDP booster too.
Forgive my ignorance please tell me again where to find the PPM for this product so I can put in the appropriate amount of ZDDP.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #222 - 11/21/12 at 12:02:19

But Paul, you didn't buy the Penrite, you bought your own Classic brand, remember?   The one with no VOA?

And now you are asking nonsense questions about a real oil you didn't buy, that isn't magically already in your sump & not slipping.

Wink

Look up thread and look at the mix instructions if you need any help mixing your fictitious mixtures.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #223 - 11/21/12 at 12:09:02

Boys and girls, this has been fun.  

Our list trouble troll has provided some quality entertainment for us all ....

But my 3:00 PM alarm is going off to tell me it is time for me to get dressed & ready to go to work.

(so sad, having to go to work ....)

If any of you want to talk to Roberto/PaulMarshal, feel free to do so -- quite frankly I don't really think they have any new oils to show us that are worthwhile for us.

Those folks who really are in Australia / New Zealand, check out your Heavy Duty Engine Oil classification CJ and see what sorts of brands you have in a 15w40 HDEO classification.   HDEO seem to sit with the diesel oils in the diesel oil section, although they are UNIVERSAL oils which can be used in any engine with applicable weights.

Rimula is Shell's Far Eastern brand name, so you may want to search for that.

And I apologize for the confusion created in your minds by Roberto/PaulMarshal, Lord knows having nonsense trash pumped at you by both barrels can certainly be confusing.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #224 - 11/21/12 at 12:10:05

Yes I did buy the Penrite.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25