Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Send Topic Print
RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS (Read 6258 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS
Reply #195 - 11/20/12 at 16:41:18

This is a gumby head ...  Read the following thread for a VOA on Yamalube 10W40 and a concise definition of the term gumby head in reference to that same oil.    (note: this goes back to 2008 so the oil got one generation worse about six months ago, so it is somewhere between 800ppm and 1000ppm of ZDDP now.  (gumbyhead minus)

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1242718

=========================

Penrite 10 plus oils seem to be fairly good Australian oils according to the Bobistheoilguy crew from Australia.  They have enough ZDDP in them to meet the minimum Savage ZDDP criteria "as is".

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2556183

Penrite has several different levels of oils, though, so I'd get cuddly with their web pages to make sure you are getting the correct "good stuff".  

I'm serious, the Penrite boys only list 30 different MOTORCYCLE oils .... lots of room for a goof.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #196 - 11/20/12 at 17:14:57

Thank You very much, I am not going to travel another mile with this oil in my bike. Time to do some searching for some appropriate oil.

IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #197 - 11/20/12 at 19:30:38

Paul the Orica lady told me another source of Rotella was Mini fuels. I think these are people who do onsite diesel refuels

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #198 - 11/20/12 at 19:39:08

OK Thanks I will look into it. I located that oil at Super Cheap, Its designed for cars I think.

IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #199 - 11/20/12 at 19:46:47

If you got Rotella at Super Cheap, it was probably the last of their stock. I would get as much info off the label and post it, so the Oldfella's will be sure it's the right Rotella, there are a number of versions. Both Blackwood Paykel and Mini Tankers, not Mini Fuels have outlets in Palmy but they won't sell under 20 litres. Mini Tankers is a Rotella DD40 I haven't heard of this one.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #200 - 11/20/12 at 19:51:06

No sorry not Rotella that Aussie Penrite HPR 10 synthetic you used in your car.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #201 - 11/20/12 at 19:55:52

For now, I would go wit a Suzuki oil, price bedarned, & Id be ready to dump a fresh load after a few hundred miles,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #202 - 11/20/12 at 20:00:45

Can you recommend one?

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #203 - 11/20/12 at 20:03:31

I have the additive now so with a good Suzuki oil I can use the additive and then source something better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #204 - 11/20/12 at 20:08:12

Id run Suzuki oil, no additives, till I solved the clutch issue.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Roberto1444
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brazil
Reply #205 - 11/20/12 at 20:31:41

My first Rubber Side Down post. Please be patient cause I think I will add some complexity to the already tricky problem of appropriately lubing this bike.

There's no Rotella in this country. ZDDP additives are very hard to find here - in fact at this time there's one guy selling his last bottle of Comp Cams on our local ebay, and that's all. I didn't buy it yet because I fear it would be impossible to know the ZDDP content of the API SF/JASO MA oils available, namely Castrol Actevo GP 4T, MOBIL SUPER MOTO 4T 20W50 and maybe a few others. I'm trying to get that from Castrol, but they don't seem cooperative. Mobil doesn't even have a contact page on their web site. I'm using straight Mobil for now.

Now there's this product, made in the USA, that is being advertised here as the top, unrivaled lubrication additive. it's called militec and I wonder if you know of its use in motorcycles. I have this reference, which seems respectable:
http://militec-1singapore.com/pdf/Anti-Wear%20Results/12_honda.pdf
Militec's representatives here throw some of their marvel into a car's sump, shake it for a while, dump all the oil from the engine and go for a 30 mile drive. A video from the experience is available on Youtube, but there are others still more impressive, such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlXHwEinv6s
It's in Portuguese, sorry, but then it's almost self explanatory. They perform a dry wear test, then oil is added and after that militec. Perhaps there are similar videos in English. Wow.

Any facts and opinions about my problem, and this product (which some of you may know as a famous gun lubricant) will be very welcome.

Nice, nice, very nice. So many different people in the same device. (Kurt Vonnegut)
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #206 - 11/20/12 at 20:52:44

Resto Supplies is a agent for a American company called Eastwood who supply a ZDDP booster that can be purchased on Trademe.

150987216_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #207 - 11/20/12 at 21:02:04

Roberto,

I have a bottle of Miltec in my gun lube & clean drawer.  I am familiar with it, it contains teflons and other clutch destroying compounds.   Do NOT USE IT in your wet clutch motorcycle.

Given that the oils in your country seem to be aimed at CARS almost exclusively, I cannot believe you can't find Rimula or another simple inexpensive diesel HDEO oil that you can find some good data on it.  This is a task for you guys, you have to live in your own local marketplace and you have to locate your own local products.

You can bump Suzuki oil with a ZDDP booster for long term use, you will just have to realize you are starting low and will need to add more than if you started with Rotella.  

But I agree with Justin, you need to fix your clutch before you start jerking around with oil -- your clutch is ill right now and needs fixing.

=====================

Next, none of you seem to understand how to adjust your clutch, starting out with the position of the silver actuator bar down on the side case and how it points at the marked zone on the split gearcase half.

Read up here:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1348364195/0

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #208 - 11/20/12 at 21:41:24

Where is the VOA on the 10w40 you think you like?

Real Data, not sales claims .... Virgin Oil Analysis = VOA

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #209 - 11/20/12 at 22:09:24

I found what I was looking for.
PENRITE OIL FOR MOTORCYCLES MC-4ST

A 4 L pack of quality high performance semi synthetic 4 stroke motorcyle engine oil with full zinc content to protect camshaft lobes, rockers and lifters.
Non-friction modified to prevent clutch slip.
Suit any 4 stroke motorcycle where the manafactuter specifies 10W-40 or 15W-40.
Ideal for modern japanese and european dirt bikes and road bikes.
I have been using and selling penrite oil since 1988, this grade and it's previous equivalent has always been most popular.

222399080_full.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 02:32:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.