Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25
Send Topic Print
RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS (Read 6258 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS
Reply #150 - 08/17/12 at 15:09:05

Do you guys really use cheap oil in your cars too.I think it was about $27 a quart and worth every penny of it.Are you guys on welfare?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Hotrodchriz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Edinburg,Tx
Reply #151 - 08/17/12 at 15:12:14

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/17/12 at 12:36:17:
The new MA-2 Valvoline sucks just like all the rest -- the highest Valvoline we have seen in the last 2 years (apart from Valvoline racing) was 1,100 ppm.

You can pay more money for Valvoline and bump it a lot (since you start at 800 ppm) or you can start with Rotella T and just have to bump a little.

Up to you, really.

So what would u say, use the Rosella T and Add  a shot of zddp? Would the stp work?

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #152 - 08/17/12 at 15:22:07

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 15:09:05:
Do you guys really use cheap oil in your cars too.I think it was about $27 a quart and worth every penny of it.Are you guys on welfare?

Rotella is only cheap in price, not it's performance.   As to your question just asked,  I use Amsoil in all my cages

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Reply #153 - 08/17/12 at 15:30:42

No I work. Quite hard and about 50 hours a week and I don't have money to WASTE on bullshit smoke and mirrors or special red syrup that doesn't allow my engine to wear.  (yeah, right!)

I don't have money to burn and I am not an Idiot.

Both of which you must have and be!

Don't look now but it's a 1500-2000 dollar used motorcycle at best. Not a Ferrari or a racing machine.  

and here is a quote from Klotz's web site pertaining to their 20-50 Motorcycle techniplate oil, and I quote...

" Fill crankcase to manufacturers recommended level. Change lubricant when it becomes discolored with engine contaminants or as recommended by manufacturer."

It says change lubricant when it becomes dirty with engine contaminants.  Hmmmm?  Guess that would all be blowby carbon deposits and no metal wear huh?  and also " change as recommended by the Manufacturer". Hmmm. If I have to change it at the regular intervals anyway. What am I really gaining by using Klotz?
My formula of Rotella and booster isn't wearing out in the 2000-3000 miles of a normal change interval. WHY PAY MORE???

If YOU want to WASTE your Money on pipe dreams you go ahead. I've got better things to do with the money I save.

I've only been a member for a couple of months and I'm already tired of hearing about Klotz products. Please, Give it a rest.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #154 - 08/17/12 at 15:40:43

Thats when you should change any oil.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #155 - 08/17/12 at 15:45:29

Hotrodchriz wrote on 08/17/12 at 15:12:14:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/17/12 at 12:36:17:
The new MA-2 Valvoline sucks just like all the rest -- the highest Valvoline we have seen in the last 2 years (apart from Valvoline racing) was 1,100 ppm.

You can pay more money for Valvoline and bump it a lot (since you start at 800 ppm) or you can start with Rotella T and just have to bump a little.

Up to you, really.

So what would u say, use the Rosella T and Add  a shot of zddp? Would the stp work?

STP is very low in ZDDP (it does have some) but it is very heavy in long polymer chain thickeners which ARE NOT RECOMMENDED for wet clutch motorcycles.  Thickeners do bad things to your coefficent of friction inside the clutch giving you a fine case of the wonk.

==================

Bill, be careful now about recommending MA-2 Klotz motorcycle oil to people.  The only Klotz you got that is mebbe a known quantity right now is the dirtbike MX4 stuff and that old ZDDP data is quite possibly out of date now that the motorcycle oil world has rotated right out from under all the older bikes.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #156 - 08/17/12 at 15:45:38

At various times in various engines I've tried Golden Spectro, Royal Purple, Amsoil and a few others but have never tried Klotz - possibly because I've never seen it on a shelf.  Maybe it's all that and a bag of chips, I don't know.  I'm using Amsoil in my Savage right now because I bought it in bulk at a decent price.  However, I'm down to my last gallon and have become convinced that Rotella T6 with a ZDDP Plus boost will offer comparable performance at a significantly better price point.  That's pretty important to me because I want to continue to pay my mortgage, get my kid through college and just maybe manage to save enough to one day stand a chance of retiring before I'm too old to enjoy it.  On a lighter note... For some reason, whenever I see the name "Klotz", I picture lumpy milk coming out of a half-gallon carton.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #157 - 08/17/12 at 15:57:53

Savage_Rob wrote on 08/17/12 at 15:45:38:
At various times in various engines I've tried Golden Spectro, Royal Purple, Amsoil and a few others but have never tried Klotz - possibly because I've never seen it on a shelf.  Maybe it's all that and a bag of chips, I don't know.  I'm using Amsoil in my Savage right now because I bought it in bulk at a decent price.  However, I'm down to my last gallon and have become convinced that Rotella T6 with a ZDDP Plus boost will offer comparable performance at a significantly better price point.  That's pretty important to me because I want to continue to pay my mortgage, get my kid through college and just maybe manage to save enough to one day stand a chance of retiring before I'm too old to enjoy it.  On a lighter note... For some reason, whenever I see the name "Klotz", I picture lumpy milk coming out of a half-gallon carton.

How much more a year would it cost you to use Klotz.And divide by 365.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #158 - 08/17/12 at 16:05:36

Twenty seven bucks a quart.  Dude!  Are you out of your f*cking mind.  You can pick up Klotz for $15 a quart off Amazon, and Oldfeller was making fun of you for even paying that much. But then, "you get what you pay for" so your $27 quart of Klotz must be better than a $15 quart of Klotz.   Grin

Noobs: Do not expect to get into a serious discussion will bill67 or the slightest bit flustered about any of his comments. He will anger and annoy you until you figure out his dry-sarcastic sense of humor, then he's all right. Took me about a year to start enjoying ol' Bill.  Wink

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #159 - 08/17/12 at 16:07:45

How much Techniplate does Rotella have in it?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #160 - 08/17/12 at 16:12:44

How much Gooberzonky does Klotz have in it?   My oil has lots, yours has none. Therefore, I win.  Grin

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #161 - 08/17/12 at 16:12:54

Tell us what Techniplate is (or to get current, what SUPER TECHNIPLATE is) and I am sure we can tell you.

If it is the red food coloring stuff, none (our oil is a brunette, not a red head).

Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Bill, since your red oil doesn't darken when it gets old, what does it do?

(answer:     freckle, sag and wrinkle a whole lot)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #162 - 08/17/12 at 16:13:33

bill67 wrote on 08/17/12 at 16:07:45:
How much Techniplate does Rotella have in it?

None,  There is no Klotz in Rotella.  Shell is smart enough not to put that red syrup in their oils   Grin Grin

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #163 - 08/17/12 at 16:17:05

Shell is smart enough to make motorcycle oil,You guys should go together and buy a big volume of it from overseas if you want to use shell oil.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #164 - 08/17/12 at 17:37:37

Only Bill would go to Europe/Asia to buy a more expensive product that isn't as good for our Savage as what we can buy at Walmart in the big blue gallon jugs.

And only Bill would think that it was a good deal .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 00:39:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › RECOMMENDED OILS AND BOOSTERS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.