Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i almost kilt all dem crickets... (Read 113 times)
audioguy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Memphis, TN
i almost kilt all dem crickets...
07/31/12 at 13:58:11

The other day I did the silicone and tube method (Oldfeller2's way) to eliminate the pesky crickets rattling in my speedo - waaaay better, but still some speedo rattling going on.  For all of you that did this method was it 100% cure?  Or do you still have the occasional cricket?

Any hints out there where I may have fallen short?  Not enough silicone, nuts not tight enough (though, I hate to tighten those more - the plastic support posts were already twisting a bit when I was tightening).

Just wanted to check with you smart folks before I take her all apart and try again.

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Re: i almost kilt all dem crickets...
Reply #1 - 07/31/12 at 14:07:08

its been a few years since i did mine, has been 100% fix.

i don't clearly remember every step , but i think i just followed OF's instruction sheet

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 07/31/12 at 17:36:55

After you kill the noisy loud crickets in the speedo, suddenly you can clearly hear the smaller ones in the headlight.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
audioguy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Memphis, TN
Reply #3 - 07/31/12 at 18:01:02

Wish it were the headlight, but no...same noise, and goes away just like it did before when I place my hand on the speedo...

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #4 - 08/02/12 at 16:36:45

Been a while since I had to use this trick, and it didn't get rid of them 100% for me with this trick either. I think I finally resorted to using some silicone adhesive between the tank and the speedo. That did it.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 08/02/12 at 16:38:41

I think I might kill off them crickets the same way scubachef did.  Turn that speedo hole into a cup holder Smiley   I've got my trail tech computer here just waiting to be installed just been to darn hot to do it.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #6 - 08/06/12 at 19:38:49

audioguy wrote on 07/31/12 at 13:58:11:
The other day I did the silicone and tube method (Oldfeller2's way) to eliminate the pesky crickets rattling in my speedo - waaaay better, but still some speedo rattling going on.  For all of you that did this method was it 100% cure?  Or do you still have the occasional cricket?

Any hints out there where I may have fallen short?  Not enough silicone, nuts not tight enough (though, I hate to tighten those more - the plastic support posts were already twisting a bit when I was tightening).

Just wanted to check with you smart folks before I take her all apart and try again.

I made some mods to OF's method and posted them in his speedo rattle thread.

FWIW, my speedo has been totally mute in the three years since I did that mod.....

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 03:32:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › i almost kilt all dem crickets...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.