Send Topic Print
Starting trouble (Read 184 times)
sparkie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Starting trouble
Reply #15 - 07/28/12 at 02:04:01

have a look at the decompression unit if that is not operating properly then it wont lower the compression enough so it wont start.I had this on my bike,when i rebuilt her i didn't want the original automatic decompression unit so i converted her to a manual one and sometime even now she wont start until i push on the lever.As your sitting on the bike its under the tank on the left hand side if you didn`t know.Hope this helps and good luck.
Cheers Sparkie

IP Logged
BelizeanBanman

Just ridin' my
Savage.

Reply #16 - 07/28/12 at 11:22:09

I just checked. I have 50psi compression. From the little research I did I gathered 175 is about normal. So, apparently I have a huge problem.

I'm in the process of opening the valve cover to check the timing. All of a sudden timing doesn't sound so bad eh? Now I'm hoping it's not the piston.

IP Logged
BelizeanBanman

Just ridin' my
Savage.

Reply #17 - 08/01/12 at 22:35:16

!!! I"m running again!  Grin Grin

Took it to a guy from my hometown. Turns out to be a real silly problem. I've noticed for a while that my air filter was dirty. Last time I checked was a few months ago (big mistake) When I looked at it then, I noticed the wire mesh was torn at some places. At the time it didn't occur to me that anything could happen. Anyways-long story short- A part of the mesh had lodged itself by one of the valves, keep it open (or closed I forgot). Took that out, and walla!

Thanks for the input guys. Can always count on ya'll for support in whatever way Smiley

Cheers,
Roger

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 08/02/12 at 06:22:33

I do believe thats a FIRST! I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone, anywhere, losing a hunk of air cleaner & ingesting it into the intake valves,,

I guess doin the Heimlich maneuver on an engine is a little tough,

Glad youre back in business,,& Im sure you learned a little something about air cleaner maintenance,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:25:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Starting trouble

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.