Send Topic Print
BCB Turn Signals (Read 347 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: BCB Turn Signals
Reply #15 - 07/24/12 at 17:17:59

I can only seem to find these in kit form with the tail light. Did you get them separately?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #16 - 07/24/12 at 19:40:17

I emailed and requested just the lights... they invoiced my through PayPal for it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #17 - 07/24/12 at 19:41:58

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 07/24/12 at 19:40:17:
I emailed and requested just the lights... they invoiced my through PayPal for it.

Cool! Thanks!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #18 - 08/07/12 at 19:32:25

I added a set for up front now too. I removed the stockers, got a longer set of bolts and another washer and mounted them up tonight. I'm undecided if I'm going to keep them here... Or remove those brackets and then have something fabricated up that bolts to the headlight bolts instead (that is similar to how they mount up on their 800 Suzuki kit).

They sit in a lot closer this way, but they seem like it'll work for now. Just need to run the wires inside the headlight and solder on the connectors.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #19 - 08/07/12 at 19:48:07

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 08/07/12 at 19:32:25:
I added a set for up front now too. I removed the stockers, got a longer set of bolts and another washer and mounted them up tonight. I'm undecided if I'm going to keep them here... Or remove those brackets and then have something fabricated up that bolts to the headlight bolts instead (that is similar to how they mount up on their 800 Suzuki kit).

They sit in a lot closer this way, but they seem like it'll work for now. Just need to run the wires inside the headlight and solder on the connectors.

http://pimptiva.com/gallery3/var/resizes/The-Bike/Blue-Collar-Bobber-Kit/IMG_...

http://pimptiva.com/gallery3/var/resizes/The-Bike/Blue-Collar-Bobber-Kit/IMG_...

If those lights are 5/16 mount for the bolt I've got a set of these if ya wanna get them off me cheap.  Couldn't use them with the lights I ended up with.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/711/Two-Piece-Fork-Mounts

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #20 - 08/26/12 at 05:27:46

Finished wiring up the rear turn signals as running/turn/brake lights yesterday... I ended up buying one of the better rated kits vs. the cheaper alternatives. The cheaper ones seemed to be just a set of resistors in the box, which made for a weak flash. I grabbed a Hopkins 46255 tail light kit for $45 off Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMKG6O/). It gets power directly off the battery, so no weak flash.

Wiring it was super easy. The kit was designed for a car, so there was a TON of extra cable that I ended up chopping off. Wired up using the harness ends, soldered, then heatshrunk everything up. Worked flawlessly!

Yanked the model A tail light off the BCB mount. I think my plan in the end will be to move the license plate off the axle mount and put it up top where the light mounted. I need to figure out a way to mount it up, but... will get there.

Anyways - Will post pictures or something once I've got something better.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #21 - 08/26/12 at 13:32:41

Derp - Completely forgot my question... Is there any way to stop the fast flash on the lights? Typically it would signal that a light were out, etc. Can I run something inline somewhere, change the flasher module, or....? It doesn't REALLY bother me, but I know that PA inspection has some weird law about the number of flashes per minute that a signal is allowed to be. I doubt it'll be a problem as is, but would like to be covered just incase.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #22 - 08/26/12 at 15:08:41

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 08/26/12 at 13:32:41:
Derp - Completely forgot my question... Is there any way to stop the fast flash on the lights? Typically it would signal that a light were out, etc. Can I run something inline somewhere, change the flasher module, or....? It doesn't REALLY bother me, but I know that PA inspection has some weird law about the number of flashes per minute that a signal is allowed to be. I doubt it'll be a problem as is, but would like to be covered just incase.

best way is to get an electronic flasher module,  otherwise you can use some load resistors inline with your signals to adjust the flash rate back to normal.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 04:36:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › BCB Turn Signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.