SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
BCB Turn Signals
07/23/12 at 17:52:17

I picked up a set of their black nickel turn signals for my kit to finish off the rear. I was not a fan of their little bullet lights, but these look SWEET!

The kit also included red and yellow lenses, so that I could change them up, and enough bulbs to keep me going for years. I am considering a set for up front and sorting out a way to mount them to replace the stock ones. They are dual filament bulbs, but so far I've only wired them up as turn signals for the time being. I need to go back and redo some of the wiring so that I don't have an extra 20" of wire on the signals.

Has anyone had luck with using a dual filament light, such as these, and wiring them as running/stop/turn signals all together? I'd like to remove the model a tail light, probably relocate the license plate up to that mount, and then just use these turn signals as my turn signals AND tail light (similar to the HD Nightsters). I've done some reading up on them... from what I gather, I'd wire the running lights up normally to both of them... and then I would wire the turn signal and brake light wires to the other filament wire... I think if I use some diodes, I won't blow things up. Or I've heard of kits that offer something like that. Anyone have tips or something that worked for you?

Once again - Super happy with BCB and their customer service, their fast shipping, and a GREAT looking product.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: BCB Turn Signals
Reply #1 - 07/23/12 at 18:22:33

most automotive parts stores sell an adapter for trailers that allow the newer cars with separate turn signals and stop lights to work with them,  that is what I'm using on my dual circuit led lights.

This is the one I bought.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Trailer-:-Tail-Light-Converters/p_9036.a_1.r_IF1...

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 07/23/12 at 18:23:55

I like em

from BCB?

dual filament on the rear should be red
you can connect to the tail light or the license plate light.

WWW   IP Logged
Millerman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Elmira, NY
Reply #3 - 07/23/12 at 18:34:08

Looking good!  Smiley

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #4 - 07/23/12 at 18:35:04

rfw - Thanks. I found those as well from searching around. I've heard of a 5 to 4 trailer wiring harness that people use too. I'm assuming that you have 2 of those harnesses on your bike then, one for each signal?

vers - Yup. They are not listed under the Savage kit. You have to look at their other kits to see the black nickel lights... But they fit just the same (rear anyways)... The front would need a mount of some sort, I'm going to get some measurements and see what their current kits look like in terms of fitting it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #5 - 07/23/12 at 18:39:49

The 3 to 2 one just doesn't include the grounds.  You still only need the one unit.  Also it only wires the bright side of the lights.  You manually tie in the running light side to the low level yourself, since that side doesn't need to be switched at any time.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #6 - 07/24/12 at 05:13:56

Doesn't PA require a separate brake light and blinkers?

I thought I read that while researching custom car and bike laws of the state, as I'm moving here (I say "here" because I'm at work!) very soon.  Tongue

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 07/24/12 at 05:40:44

Badass94Cad wrote on 07/24/12 at 05:13:56:
Doesn't PA require a separate brake light and blinkers?

I thought I read that while researching custom car and bike laws of the state, as I'm moving here (I say "here" because I'm at work!) very soon.  Tongue

If that was the case most vehicles on the road would be Illegal in the state of PA. Tongue

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #8 - 07/24/12 at 06:39:35

I'm sorry, let me clarify - I thought I read PA requires separate brake lights and blinkers on motorcycles, not all "vehicles," cars and trucks of course being different.  Wink

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #9 - 07/24/12 at 07:19:29

Can't find what I was reading, but I think I have a printout of it at home.  What I've found in a quick online search is that turn signals are not required on bikes manufactured before 1973, but then some say the law is no signals required, some say it's open to interpretation.  I thought I read turn signals and brake lights had to be "different."

Another interesting thing I found:

2002 Amendment. Act 229 added section 4309. See section 21 of Act 229 in the appendix to this title for special provisions relating to promulgation of guidelines to implement Act 229.
§ 4310. Motorcycle lighting.
Auxiliary lighting may be added to a motorcycle to protect the driver, including blue dot illumination, standard bulb running lights and light-emitting diode (LED) pods and strips.
(June 29, 2006, P.L.205, No.50, eff. 60 days)

Some other interesting things from the AMA website:

Handlebar Height
No restrictions

Maximum Sound Level
Max A-weighted sound levels as measured at 50 feet:
84dBA at 35 mph or less
88dBA above 35mph
PA Administrative Code Section 157.11 (a)

Mirror Left(L) Right(R)
Required; PA Vehicle Code 4534

Muffler
Required, modifications to increase sound level prohibited; PA Vehicle Code 4523

Turn Signals
Not Required
(Of course, they don't list a code to verify this!)

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #10 - 07/24/12 at 07:26:18

I thought the new HD's came through with combo turn signal brake lights hanging on the side of the fender?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 07/24/12 at 07:43:01

Greg wrote on 07/24/12 at 07:26:18:
I thought the new HD's came through with combo turn signal brake lights hanging on the side of the fender?

HD nightster has em.

WWW   IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #12 - 07/24/12 at 08:40:28

Cool  Cool

Combo blinkers/brake lights would be the least of my concern.  I'm trying to figure out who I need to know to get a car with hydraulic suspension to pass!  Undecided Tongue

IP Logged
brucey
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #13 - 07/24/12 at 11:42:02

Those look great, I had the BCB bullet turn signals set up for running lights and turn signals. I think it may have been the lamps but they seemed to burn out way to frequently. I replaced them with some LED type from Harrisons specialties. BCB did not offer that type when I purchased mine or I would have got those for sure.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #14 - 07/24/12 at 16:21:39

I've never read that they had to be separate. Space between them possibly? (as in, some of those all in one type lights may not quite be legal)... I would say it's probably more a safety issue (not having enough lights) than a legal issue.

I'm seriously considering a set for up front and just figuring out how to mount them up. They are slick.

Those trailer wiring addons seem like the way to go. I'm going to see what I can find local and will use the one linked above if I can't find anything else.

brucey - Exactly... I was looking at their other kits and saw that these bullets were available. I couldn't resist, especially at the price of them. They bolted right up and look a lot better than the mini lights...

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:20:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › BCB Turn Signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.