EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Fun with fireworks
Reply #1 - 07/20/12 at 12:30:31

Dumba$$!!!  Grin from the vid, "I won't do that again!"

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/20/12 at 13:24:49

Would have been more believable if he hadn't put the light back on between the edit... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 07/20/12 at 15:16:34

When I was in High School we did a play that involved a smoking machine. We asked the science teacher for some chemicals that would make smoke. He must have mixed them wrong, because when we lit it(it was in a tin can on a piece of wood) it made A LOT of smoke- and got hot enough to melt the can, and burn a hole in the hardwood stage. The fire curtain came down, the school was evacuated, the fire dept came, and the teacher got into trouble.
That was in 1969, and the patch in the stage is still there. Grin
On a more serious note, our condo complex used to collect money for a fireworks display every July 1. We would spend $500- $1000 on fireworks. It was my job to set them off. I lit a big cannon thing with the fuse on the side, and it appeared to go out, so I approached it, bent down to blow on the fuse, and it went off. I did not have hearing protection and have lost some hearing in my left ear because of this utter stupidity on my part. Embarrassed
Also a distant relative of mine when I was a kid blew his leg off building a bomb in his basement. Sad

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #4 - 07/20/12 at 15:39:11

When I was a kid a friend of mine's Dad was in WWII and had brought home some artifacts, one of which was a short belt of 50cal ammo.   My friend and I pried one of the rounds out of the belt and took it down to a nearby river where we used to play.   We carefully nestled it into some rocks so it was stable, and then got back and started shooting at the firing pin with our BB guns.

I learned some important things that day, one of which was that a chambered round in a gun is NOT the same as an unchambered round laying on a rock pile.   It was definitely the loudest thing I had ever heard at that point in my life.   When the dust cleared the round had completely disappeared along with most the rock pile.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #5 - 07/21/12 at 13:18:37

When I was a kid, I had a friend who lived next door to a guy that loaded his own ammunition out in his garage, shotgun shells, and rifle loads. I had the bright idea to talk my buddy into sneaking into his garage with me and we stole maybe a soup can full of powder and primer. To cut to the chase, there was a really big bang in the vacant lot a lillte later, along with a grass fire, a few shattered windows from the concussion, the police, my parents, and some signifcant corporal punishment. All I can say is that I am thankful I can still count to 21 when I walk out of the shower.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/21/12 at 18:10:53

Sounds like just walkin outta the shower otta be cause for celebration,,
But OHHH the fun of that memory,, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #7 - 07/22/12 at 14:19:19

JOG, Yes. God looks after children and fools so I was twice blessed that day. Now I just have that fool thing going for me.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 07/22/12 at 17:11:21

When I was a kid (boy, we must have been pretty stupid when we were kids), my dad had made a lawn roller out of a drum and some pipe. The handle was 1/2" ID pipe. I opened up some big fire crackers and made a cannon out of the top piece of pipe, using an appropriate sized ball bearing as the ball. I had drilled a small hole in the pipe cap on one end for a fuse. I fired it off and the ball embedded itself in the neighbour's exterior frame wall. They weren't home and never found it. My dad did notice a bulge in the pipe, but thought some water had got in and frozen.
I escaped a whuppin with the belt there! Grin
Another silly thing I did was this: My dad was an engeneer, and used mechanical pencils, the leads of which came in these steel aluminum tubes that were 1/4" in dia. The aluminum caps fit on fairly tightly.
So I filled one with water, fit the cap on, and held it over a candle, to see what would happen. The water boiled, blowing the cap off with a bang, which cracked a window. Got the whuppin that time. Sad

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #9 - 07/22/12 at 18:46:02

reminded me of this  >>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkxn1bngOJk

definitely not work appropriate.

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
Pages: 1