Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Installing Signal Lite Beeper (Read 170 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Installing Signal Lite Beeper
Reply #15 - 07/19/12 at 20:06:01

rfw2003 wrote on 07/19/12 at 19:48:04:
Well you can still wire off the flasher just by adding a standard automotive 30amp relay to the circuit.  Just put your buzzer on terminal 87A,  and on terminal 30 to a 12v power source that is only on when the key is on then it will only supply the power to the buzzer when the flasher is cutting the power to the circuit.

You could use any relay that has both NO and NC contacts on it like the standard automotive 30 amp relay.  There are many out there that are smaller that can be had.

If you need me to draw you up a simple wiring diagram of this let me know.

R.F.

Just put it across the terminals of the flasher relay. It will beep opposite the flash but it will beep nonetheless.

*edit* I wouldn't use anything beside a piezo beeper though, anything else will draw too much current and affect the flash-rate, possibly even stop it from flashing.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #16 - 07/19/12 at 20:12:55

Cavi Mike wrote on 07/19/12 at 20:06:01:
rfw2003 wrote on 07/19/12 at 19:48:04:
Well you can still wire off the flasher just by adding a standard automotive 30amp relay to the circuit.  Just put your buzzer on terminal 87A,  and on terminal 30 to a 12v power source that is only on when the key is on then it will only supply the power to the buzzer when the flasher is cutting the power to the circuit.

You could use any relay that has both NO and NC contacts on it like the standard automotive 30 amp relay.  There are many out there that are smaller that can be had.

If you need me to draw you up a simple wiring diagram of this let me know.

R.F.

Just put it across the terminals of the flasher relay. It will beep opposite the flash but it will beep nonetheless.

*edit* I wouldn't use anything beside a piezo beeper though, anything else will draw too much current and affect the flash-rate, possibly even stop it from flashing.

The coil of the relay will only draw 160ma at 13.6v so it's like adding approx 2 single LEDs in there,  That isn't' gonna affect the flash rate any at all.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 07/19/12 at 22:56:07

Ok, those (more than one) who said that connecting a piezo across (or in parallel w/) the flasher would work, is absolutely correct ! It works perfectly, and the flashers are still at or near the same rate. How could it be so simple,.....not even having to take the tank off or anything.

Thanks to all

Routy

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 07/19/12 at 23:05:59

Routy wrote on 07/19/12 at 22:56:07:
Ok, those (more than one) who said that connecting a piezo across (or in parallel w/) the flasher would work, is absolutely correct ! It works perfectly, and the flashers are still at or near the same rate. How could it be so simple,.....not even having to take the tank off or anything.

Thanks to all

Routy

YW,  As for how could it be so simple,  it's the central point of the turn signal system that is why Smiley

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:39:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Installing Signal Lite Beeper

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.