Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Overheat - 330F on the cylinder! (Read 224 times)
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: Overheat - 330F on the cylinder!
Reply #15 - 07/15/12 at 15:57:04

Charon wrote on 07/14/12 at 11:04:59:
"All stock savages header pipes blue." Quoted from Supersavage, above. Not true. My '07 is bone stock, with over 11000 miles on it, including one very slow parade on a very hot day. There is no bluing on its exhaust pipe, and only the very faintest hint of gold.

Agreed!!! My 2001 had a near perfect exhaust pipe.  But the stock muffler had some tints of gold and brown.  

The bikes are tuned very lean from the factory to meet the EPA reg.  Unfortunately, a lean bike runs hot and will cause issues that will eventually cause more pollution then if it was tuned better.  

When I rejetted mine, it cooled down significantly.   And had  increased power.  But.. only marginally better MPG at first.  MPG went down after a while.....  because I started to use the power increase too much (darn that fun factor!!!)

NOTE: my 1986 Sportster was the same way,  real hot because it was super lean.    Rejetted and it cooled down and got tons more power.  Better MPG ... then the fun factor struck again......darn......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:20:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Overheat - 330F on the cylinder!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.