Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The Whiners Thread.
Reply #15 - 07/09/12 at 23:28:43

Perhaps, Art,.. is pointing out, that there are always exceptions to any rule... and standing on principle, precludes these...

Is it wrong to take a loaf of bread, if you are starving?...
Is it wrong to write "Molester" on the car of a man that attacked your child?...
Is it wrong to lie, and tell Granny she looks good today,.. when she's in hospital?...
Even principals have grey areas... Huh....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/09/12 at 23:43:12

Those are good examples of exceptions, & for # 1, No, its not wrong to steal if youre starving, Youre supposed to stay alive,& protect your family,

If a man is able to just write on the car of the guy who messed with is kid, Id say the bad guy got off lite,, I still see the pic of the guy whose son was molested by his martial arts teacher, He was "On the phone" in the lobby of the courthouse when they brought the guy thru on the way to the court room. He laid the phone down, pulled a pistol out of his waistband, spun around, stuck the gun to his head & dropped him,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 07/10/12 at 00:34:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/09/12 at 23:43:12:
they brought the guy thru on the way to the court room. He laid the phone down, pulled a pistol out of his waistband, spun around, stuck the gun to his head & dropped him,,

Yarp... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #18 - 07/10/12 at 07:01:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/09/12 at 23:43:12:
Those are good examples of exceptions, & for # 1, No, its not wrong to steal if youre starving, Youre supposed to stay alive,& protect your family,

If a man is able to just write on the car of the guy who messed with is kid, Id say the bad guy got off lite,, I still see the pic of the guy whose son was molested by his martial arts teacher, He was "On the phone" in the lobby of the courthouse when they brought the guy thru on the way to the court room. He laid the phone down, pulled a pistol out of his waistband, spun around, stuck the gun to his head & dropped him,,

Not easy to take care of a recently molested son from a prison cell. But I cant say I wouldnt do the same thing.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 07/10/12 at 18:55:18

I dislike riders who don't wear helmets, looking like fools, and giving motorcycling another black-eye.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #20 - 07/11/12 at 05:56:34

City bus drivers really p!ss me off. Twice I have been forced off the road by idiot drivers when they cut across lanes in blind curves, and then the city passed a bylaw that everyone has to yield automatically when they pull out of recessed stops. The reasoning for that is valid- people weren't letting them out. The problem is that they abuse it, and expect people to yield all the time. They will pull out right in front of you to change lanes. One of them gave me the finger when I yelled at him after he had forced me into the oncoming lane. Angry

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 07/11/12 at 12:34:59

Take the bus number, note the time, location & file a complaint with the police. Write a letter to the editor & suggest others do the same,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/11/12 at 18:31:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/09/12 at 22:52:46:
Id like an example,
At this point, Im not able to understand.
To me, principle is the difference between right & wrong, I dislike some thngs on principle, theft, vandalism, the fed, because theyre wrong, morally.,Thats reading the course on MY moral compass. YMMV,

Curse my defective memory...
I was going to try to find a youtube link to post but I don't remember what it was so bear with me as I try to explain it:
There was a whole episode of a show I was watching arguing about whether or not religion exists which led into a discussion of morality. At the end of the show the main character, who didn't believe in religion, was speaking to himself and said something to the tune of "If only there was some basic set of guidelines to follow for right and wrong" as the screen panned out over the 10 Commandments.

So... imagine that.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 07/11/12 at 20:05:12

I think I can follow that, you offered a good break down of the story line,,

I dislike cheaters, on principle., IDK if thats an offshoot of a Moral position, but it is from an ethical position, I think. It goes to the heart of competition, if I cheat, no matter what the score, I didnt win.,I cant win, by definition, if I cheat,,, because winning, by definition, requires playing a game & the game has rules,, cheating is loss by default. I think its sad that some people are able to feel the same sense of achievement by taking a game by cheating as if they won it fair & square.

Quick story, 9th grade, coach finally made me captain of a flag football team in PE.First pick was a big fat guy who was always picked last, I picked him after I got him to agree to do what I said if I picked him first,,He was a very nice, always quiet & reserved kid. I told him he was gonna be the blocker for the quarterback, every other team used 2 blockers. Next, I picked a quarterback. Every other captain was that teams QB.. I chose to not do that, because I would rather be just a team member on a winning team than captain of a losing team,,
and, when we hit the field every day for the next 2 weeks, I told my team to let the other team make the rules,, I didnt want to argue about rules, I wanted to play the game, & as long as everyone uses the same rules, its a fair game, Let me tell ya,, we got cheated, a lot, not every team cheated us, but enough did that we didnt win the top spot,, a cheater team did,, & they acted like they really did something,,they believed they won,, our team knew who won the thing,, & Kendall Dotson, now deceased, had the time of his life, being the Big Guy the qb hid behind. & Kendall learned how to KNock people down & he was so happy, being treated with respect & being appreciated for doing a good job.
PLaying fair is its own reward,,

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #24 - 07/13/12 at 07:33:04

Drifter wrote on 07/08/12 at 08:14:37:
Here you go....
Do you dislike politics ?    Yes. who doesn't...
Do you dislike Mitt or Obama?     Too light a term...
Do you dislike the US?     No, but I like a lot of European social freedoms much better than I do our stateside ones...
Do you dislike Yourself?   Nope...
Do you dislike Laws?       Some.
Do you dislike clean water and air?   No, I like both, but I don't drink water (fish poop in it)...
Do you dislike the weather?    Sometimes.
Do you dislike this thread?  No.
Do you dislike smilys?         No.
Do you dislike healthcare?  No, all Americans should have it!
Do you dislike electric cars?  Yes, but I don't like cars in general.
Do you dislike Pizza or veggies?  Like pizza, hate most veggies
Do you dislike ?????????  Shocked   Yes sometimes.
Do you dislike whiners?  Wink     Especially the ones whining about they don't get enough gov't cheese, gov't money, better gov't housing...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:45:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Whiners Thread.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.