Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Truck ,Car,Suv or......Why? (Read 337 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Truck ,Car,Suv or......Why?
07/08/12 at 04:33:12

So what do you drive and why?  I drive a GMC truck because it is required to pull trailers and wagons haul bikes farm stuff and kids and i like the looks of a truck!  Smiley  Gas Mileage... Sad

We would like to have one of these cool little cars that get 40+ MPG, i understand that small diesel cars are making a comback in the next few years..expect to see 50 MPG then! Smiley

That Smart car in France has a 2 cyl turbo diesel that gets 80 mpg maybe that will be coming soon?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Truck ,Car,Suv or......Why?
Reply #1 - 07/08/12 at 05:24:12

Other ride is a F150 super cab 4x4.  I use it to haul off the trash, haul the ATV's and whatever else.  Use it as a hunting ride, in and out.

Wife drives an expedition, four in the family, and we usually drive when the extended family is together.  big and comfy.  

Gas mileage, not so good, but they are paid for and gas is cheaper than car payments.

Been wondering what will replace the truck, one day.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #2 - 07/08/12 at 05:37:22

My other rides are a 95' 3/4 ton chevy ext cab with 454 gas mileage sucks on it, only about 8 mpg, and a 06' Ford Expedition. Fuel mileage on it isn't to bad at 18 mpg.  I have 2 kids so the Expy is really comfy for transporting them plus for the normal errands when getting stuff.  The truck is for pulling a 42' 5th wheel RV and hauling other stuff as well, Not to mention it was a hand me down gift from, that was first past from my grandfather to my Mom when he passed, then to me when my Mom passed.  Both are paid off so only costs are basic insurance, fuel and maintenance.  Might trade the Expy off one day for a smaller SUV though as I don't really need one as big as the Expedition, with just 2 kids and being a single parent. The truck though will stay in the family till it falls apart.  Cheesy

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 07/08/12 at 05:37:23

2008 Scion Xb. It will carry my wife's wheelchair without folding the back seats down, is comfortable, quick and nimble, and pretty good on gas.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Reply #4 - 07/08/12 at 06:03:57

2005 Rav4 4cyl awd beats the hell out of my 2005 chevy silverado  gas wise and  money for repairs that things was a pile, i guess i got a bad one.

IP Logged
Haggis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dundee, Scotland
Reply #5 - 07/08/12 at 06:11:11

Diahatsu Copen. 2 seater, hard top convertible, bit of a comic car really, but like the Savage it is kinda unique, everyone wants to know what it is, gets mistaken for a mini audi TT most of the time and you don't see many around.....hmmm i see a theme  Smiley

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 07/08/12 at 12:08:09

2009 Jeep Patriot- Made in America (except the transmission was made in Mexico), good on gas, comfortable and still big enough to pack the three of us in with luggage for road trips.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 07/08/12 at 14:19:18

2009 Toyota Tacoma ( bought in 2008), wife said I had to keep a truck. ITs a 4cy 5sp.. and still sucks gas when in town.

1965 Ford Thunderbird (project car)

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #8 - 07/08/12 at 15:42:36

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, gets 40+ MPGs average highway and city together.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 07/08/12 at 15:52:15

Haggis wrote on 07/08/12 at 06:11:11:
Diahatsu Copen. 2 seater, hard top convertible, bit of a comic car really, but like the Savage it is kinda unique, everyone wants to know what it is, gets mistaken for a mini audi TT most of the time and you don't see many around.....hmmm i see a theme  Smiley

That Copen is cool!....

I have a 95' Geo Metro... 1,000cc 3 banger... 40+mpg...
Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin''... plus, great air conditioner...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #10 - 07/08/12 at 16:35:16

Dodge Ram 2500 w/Cummins turbo diesel.  Gets 23mpg up here in the foothills, and 28mpg on the interstate (a 980 mile range on one tankful).  It's also rated to pull 11.5K.

However, my best and most fun vehicle ever was my Piper Cherokee 180.   4 seats, 2X25 gallon fuel tanks, and about 20mpg at 125mph (actually planes use gph).  Planes are good for gettin there fast because 1) they fly in a straight line, 2) they go wayyy faster than road vehicles, and 3) there's no traffic.  When we lived in SillyCon Valley, in one eve we could fly to Lake Tahoe , have dinner, and be back home in time to watch the evening movie on TV.   Round trip driving would have taken all day.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 07/08/12 at 16:44:57

Ahh,, flying,, I sure enjoyed that when I was a kid,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #12 - 07/08/12 at 20:15:23

2007 Hyundai Accent for commuting, 2005 Nissan Frontier or towing,playing hauling etc.
Soon to be a Hyundai Sante Fe though as my family no longer fits in the Frontier. 3 month old son Smiley

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #13 - 07/08/12 at 20:44:25

2004 Ford Ranger XLT regular cab 2wd 4cyl 5spd manual.  Good for camping and hauling the odd load.  Cynder blocks go in back in the winter for traction.  23mpg city, 27mpg highway.  42,000 miles....I'm on Lil Suzie 90% of the time. Cool

IP Logged
royblueboy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/08/12 at 21:24:06

2004 town&country and 2005 chev silverado, both paid for. high gas prices are cheaper than buying economy cars.

2005 650 pearl,memphis windshield.vic 100 muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:40:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Truck ,Car,Suv or......Why?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.