Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2013 The End of the Savage?  Maybe not? (Read 419 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 2013 The End of the Savage/S40 Say it Aint So!
Reply #15 - 07/08/12 at 03:33:39

I stopped by the dealer a couple of days ago and while there asked about the S40.  The dude said they don't know yet about any of the models but will find out in 2 months when Suzuki has a dealer gathering in Vegas to show & tell about the '13 models they will get.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #16 - 07/08/12 at 03:44:31

Speaking of efi,  has anyone thought about the megaquirt systems more specifically the microsquirt to try and adapt it to the Savage?  Only issues I could really think of off hand is trying to find an acceptable throttle body and 2 I wonder if the electrical system will handle a efi system even as simple as the microsquirt?  With the microsquirt you could also have alot better control over the ignition system as well. Full timing control would be a very nice feature especially with the Overbore kits and performance cams.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/08/12 at 04:16:44

RFW, do you have a link to this system?  MXRob on the DR650 site has been working on a FI ststem for that bike with some...sucess.

Lancer, i guess we will know the fate of the savage in 3 months then.

WD..45 I agree, the name change did not help. the dealers here in fla sell S40s pretty well mainly because of price and weight.  There are several FI bikes that are air cooled so just adding FI does not mandate liquid cooling...besides my D14 tractor and truck and 2 of my other bikes are liquid cooled... Smiley

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 07/08/12 at 04:26:45

Drifter wrote on 07/08/12 at 04:16:44:
RFW, do you have a link to this system?  MXRob on the DR650 site has been working on a FI ststem for that bike with some...sucess.

Lancer, i guess we will know the fate of the savage in 3 months then.

WD..45 I agree, the name change did not help. the dealers here in fla sell S40s pretty well mainly because of price and weight.  There are several FI bikes that are air cooled so just adding FI does not mandate liquid cooling...besides my tractor and truck and 2 of my other bikes are liquid cooled... Smiley

sure do,  here ya go.
http://microsquirt.info/ for the microsquirt specific stuff and here is the main page for the megasquirt in general.

http://www.megasquirt.info/

The Mega/Microsquirt systems are a low cost efi system that is geared towards the DIYer for converting carbed engines to efi.  Can be used on pretty much anything and depending on which version you go with as they have several different models to chose from on the hardware it can be Fuel only or Fuel and ignition.  I have been wanting to try one out for years just never had a project to try one out on yet. The megasquirt systems you can buy as a build it yourself kit where you solder it all up yourself,  but the microsquirt since it's all surface mount and water resistant plus a lot smaller is sold only as pre-assembled but at a very nice price still.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/08/12 at 04:53:35

Looks interesting, i vote for you to test and give us the full report.  Smiley

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #20 - 07/08/12 at 05:17:44

Drifter wrote on 07/08/12 at 04:53:35:
Looks interesting, i vote for you to test and give us the full report.  Smiley

I may one winter as a project, just to see how it goes.  Need to clean out one of my storage buildings so I have a work space to do something like that in though.  It would defiantly be an interesting project.

IP Logged
Steampowered Boy
YaBB Newbies

Deny me and be
Doomed!!

Glendale, CA
Reply #21 - 07/08/12 at 09:58:03

Here in CA, the S40 is frequently out of stock.  I just bought a 2012 about a month and a half ago and I had to wait two weeks for the shop to get one.

This was at Bert's MegaMall in Covina so they do more volume than most small bike shops but the Sales Manager said they sell in excess of 15 a month, even more when Suzuki runs the 0% financing.

How other people treat you is their dharma; how you react is yours.
zombiematic digtldecay   IP Logged
Greg-E
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/08/12 at 12:39:57

Something being worked on for the Ninja 250, but was designed for single cylinder machines:
Check the Ecotrons system (can't post links yet)
I would personally prefer using the DIYefi.org system for a do it yourself system. The Megasquirt people are not really open to suggestions and the project is no longer open sourced so making it fit on things that it doesn't support is up to the whim of the owners.

As far as EFI on air cooled cycles goes, Buell XB series comes to mind since I have one, also Harley has switched some models to EFI and retained air cooling.

Throttle bodies should not be a problem since the TU250 could be used as parts, as well as other machines or a custom TB could be created, they are nothing more than throttle plate, position sensor and often injector mount. Few of these systems use a mass airflow sensor but I would not completely rule it out if someone wanted to build a system.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #23 - 07/08/12 at 13:15:28

Looks to me like they are getting rid of the entire boulevard line.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #24 - 07/08/12 at 15:51:05

Dj12midnit wrote on 07/08/12 at 13:15:28:

And what supporting evidence have you seen DJ?

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07/08/12 at 16:14:10

Or is this just a renaming of the cruisers, similar to when they dropped the Savage, Intruder, Marauder, etc. for S40, S50+, etc.?

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #26 - 07/09/12 at 10:03:58

Dj12midnit wrote on 07/08/12 at 13:15:28:

What facts back up this claim?

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 21:29:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2013 The End of the Savage?  Maybe not?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.