Do you carry? (Read 1405 times)
bojangals43
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Martinsville, Indiana
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #90 - 07/03/12 at 09:46:53

I see conflicting posts about "stats" on guns through this topic.  I think if you're going to give these "so-called stats" then you need to provide a reputable site otherwise I'll choose to ignore the statement.  

I will say that from what I've read, there isn't a lot of accuracy in the statistics because alot of them come from polls and not hard data.  I'll also say that regardless of if I'm carrying, I'll do whatever is in my power to protect my family.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #91 - 07/03/12 at 19:29:18

I use FBI stats.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #92 - 07/04/12 at 18:15:12

Side question pertaining to this topic, if you do carry how do you carry on the bike?  Shoulder holster under a jacket, In the waist band front, Small of the back, Jacket pocket etc. etc.  

I carry and usually prefer IWB (In the Waist Band) Front, but a few times I've thought if I ever do get into an accident what carry spot is the least likely to cause harm if I strike the ground or anything else where the gun is   Huh

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #93 - 07/04/12 at 19:17:18

ToesNose wrote on 07/04/12 at 18:15:12:
...what carry spot is the least likely to cause harm if I strike the ground or anything else where the gun is   Huh

No real way to know until after the crash... depends on what and how you hit...

A helmet designer once said something to the effect of,...
"I can make a perfectly safe helmet, just tell me exactly how you are going to crash"...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #94 - 07/05/12 at 00:31:34

rfw2003 wrote on 07/01/12 at 06:36:33:
Myself I use Butch's Gun oil.  

+1

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #95 - 07/05/12 at 09:01:03

ToesNose wrote on 07/04/12 at 18:15:12:
Side question pertaining to this topic, if you do carry how do you carry on the bike?  Shoulder holster under a jacket, In the waist band front, Small of the back, Jacket pocket etc. etc.  

I carry and usually prefer IWB (In the Waist Band) Front, but a few times I've thought if I ever do get into an accident what carry spot is the least likely to cause harm if I strike the ground or anything else where the gun is   Huh

I carry a pocket gun, irrespective of the activity involved.  If I get dethroned, having a PF-9 in my pocket won't make much diff one way or the other, I would think.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #96 - 07/05/12 at 12:33:03

Yes.  When riding, a shoulder holster w/ 9mm Glock.  Otherwise, ankle holster w/ Kahr PM9.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #97 - 07/05/12 at 18:24:41

& we are all safer because criminals have no idea how many out of a crowd of 20 are packin.. TRhey have no idea if that lone woman walking to her car at nite is carrying, but they have the odds on their side. I wish more women would carry..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #98 - 07/05/12 at 20:02:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/12 at 18:24:41:
& we are all safer because criminals have no idea how many out of a crowd of 20 are packin.. TRhey have no idea if that lone woman walking to her car at nite is carrying, but they have the odds on their side. I wish more women would carry..

megaditto

IP Logged
High_Plains_Thumpr
Ex Member

Reply #99 - 07/05/12 at 22:57:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/12 at 18:24:41:
They have no idea if that lone woman walking to her car at nite is carrying, but they have the odds on their side. I wish more women would carry.

There was one rider named Susan (CobbersMom) who used to post on Reeky (rec.motorcycles), whom I gathered was the wife of a dairy farmer. In her sig she had the statement,

Feminine Protection:
Light days - Glock 27 w/ Crimson Trace
Heavy days - Ruger Redhawk .44 mag

She would be one tough customer to deal with!  Wink

IP Logged
dirtydom
YaBB Newbies

allhopeasidetattoos.
com

tacoma wa
Reply #100 - 07/06/12 at 14:27:02

always carrying.  Wink

IP Logged
Mario Verasso

Ride it like you
stole it!

Gibsonton, Fl
Reply #101 - 07/06/12 at 20:08:46

bill67 wrote on 06/29/12 at 15:21:18:
Carrying a gun is a good way to spend the rest of your life in jail.Thats if you don't get killed.

Is everyone that carries a gun a criminal? I carry a small derringer just because it fits in my small pocket nicely. I used to carry a colt 45. I do  live in TEXAS. I would say 50% have a bigger gun on them than i could carry. Up where you live there are more animals than people & believe no one should own firearms. But some of the people in a major city are animals as well.<----Where I live.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #102 - 07/07/12 at 00:48:19

Mario Verasso wrote on 07/06/12 at 20:08:46:
bill67 wrote on 06/29/12 at 15:21:18:
Carrying a gun is a good way to spend the rest of your life in jail.Thats if you don't get killed.

Is everyone that carries a gun a criminal? I carry a small derringer just because it fits in my small pocket nicely. I used to carry a colt 45. I do  live in TEXAS. I would say 50% have a bigger gun on them than i could carry. Up where you live there are more animals than people & believe no one should own firearms. But some of the people in a major city are animals as well.<----Where I live.

Bill.........Not carrying is a good way to spend the rest of your time 6' under.  Everyone get's to make choices, obviously, you've made yours just as I've made mine.  Your only option, when someone is breaking into your house is to call the local police and hope they arrive within 20 minutes.  
I prefer to "negotiate" from a position of strength rather than a position of weakness.  Telling the "intruder" you've just called the police probably won't illicit the type of response your hoping for.  On the other hand, the muzzle flash from a handgun or shotgun just might get their attention.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #103 - 07/07/12 at 06:14:45

How many times have you Wyatt Erps had to pull your gun in the last 30 years,Thats about how many times you will be pulling it in the next 30 years.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #104 - 07/07/12 at 07:34:01

bill67 wrote on 07/07/12 at 06:14:45:
How many times have you Wyatt Erps had to pull your gun in the last 30 years,Thats about how many times you will be pulling it in the next 30 years.

You could be right Bill.  The real question is, if your wrong, I'll be prepared and you'll be standing there with the telephone in you hand, soiling your step-ins, as you try and explain to the perps they should leave because the police will be arriving within the next 10 to 60 minutes....... maybe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:19:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.