Send Topic Print
Do you carry? (Read 1405 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #75 - 07/02/12 at 09:02:32

Probably be best to take any gun, economy, political ( gun = political, dunnitt?) stuff to the Tall Table area next time,, Im kinda surprised no one pickd it up & hauled it over there,, but, Im pleased it stayed, I am I am.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #76 - 07/02/12 at 09:03:56

I use a IWB holster most of the time no matter if I'm riding or not.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #77 - 07/02/12 at 09:44:00

I carry one of these bad boys...

Just in case...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #78 - 07/02/12 at 10:26:03

Serowbot wrote on 07/02/12 at 09:44:00:
I carry one of these bad boys...
http://www.swissoutpost.com/images/h150/Items/16940.jpg

Just in case...  Huh...

Yeah, I like to trim my nails and eyebrows when I am out on a ride, too.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #79 - 07/02/12 at 10:27:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/12 at 07:47:03:
Nor does it say
Since Bill doesnt carry, he is not an idiot.

Touche

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #80 - 07/02/12 at 10:53:32

bojangals43 wrote on 07/02/12 at 08:50:49:
Holy crap!  Shocked  I must have picked the right topic to bring up cause it seems like I struck a chord that everyone heard (some liked/some didn't).  I was just wondering if anyone felt a difference in carrying while riding opposed to carrying in general... I probably should have stated my question a little differently.  But hey, at least I got some interesting info/ideas from a lot of people.   Cheesy I hope no one was offended.  

This is America, Bojangals,.... we get passionate about this one on both sides.  Only one side, though, has the history and stats to support it,... the other side just doesn't like guns,... they feel bad about them, so they want to take them away from everyone.

To your original point, I don't see any diff between carrying while riding compared to carrying in general.  The logic that says I should carry in general includes while riding.  The places I go on a motorcycle aren't any safer or riskier than any place else.

I use a pocket gun, so I don't worry about anyone seeing it at all.  I can dress however I want, and not have to worry about showing and getting myself into trouble or scaring anyone.  Yes, Yes,.. I know,... pocket guns take longer to get into action, and they generally are smaller calibers,... but I'll deal with that.  

I go to IDPA shoots a few times a year to get practice using the thing in other-than-relaxed situations.
-- Yes the stress is less intense, and not all that realistic, but there really is some genuine distraction when you have to shoot a timed semi-realistic scenario with 30 people (most of them experts) watching you.  
-- Another thing that adds to the stress of those IDPA shoots is that I use my everyday pocket gun,... I will not be winning anything that day.  
-- A full 9mm in a 14 oz gun is hard to shoot well, and gives you a sore hand at the end of the day.
-- Most of the folks there shoot guns that are actually concealable, but they use larger guns in holsters that are a lot easier to draw from than a pocket.  Some of those guys are amazing.

As to being offended, I'm sure some guys here got their panties all wadded up.  
-- At 65, I've mellowed so much, even bill doesn't offend me.  
-- One must keep the big picture in view.  Think about it.  
  --- Here we all are, with the money and time and computers to chat about anything we want, most of us get to ride really cool vehicles, and we can blast away on any topic/opinion we want.  
  --- It's downright silly to get your feathers ruffled by someone that says something jerky.  
  --- I submit there is NOTHING anyone could say in any of these forums that would be worth getting upset over.
  --- Look at all the abuse sent my way in the Wheat Belly thread.  It's just a chat group!!  Jeeeeezz.  At least the folks saying what I think are goofy things are participating,... bandying about some ideas.  It just gives me more practice at debating the issues I like!!
  --- Life is good.  For anyone with wadded panties, let them unwad.  mellow out.

Glad you started this thread, Bo!

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #81 - 07/02/12 at 11:03:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/02/12 at 09:02:32:
Probably be best to take any gun, economy, political ( gun = political, dunnitt?)

Not necessarily.  But of course, the issue of gun laws is going to creep in.  If anyone complains, we can easily move it, no problem.  Just remember it's a one-way ratchet, or I should say "flush"  Grin and we ain't touching it once it's in the tank.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #82 - 07/02/12 at 11:05:23

Im not whining, Im tickled its been left here so those who dont frequent the back alley can participate.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #83 - 07/02/12 at 12:20:50

If I was going to carry I would carry a bow and arrow,Which is scarier a bullet in you that you can't see or arrow that you can see.You will sure scare off those gunny guys

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #84 - 07/02/12 at 13:36:11

Yeah I'm not whining either,  Just saw the turning of the post towards more of the gun laws then the OP.

As far as the OP goes.  Carrying while riding isn't any different then any other time. I actually find it easier to carry while riding because most of the time I use a jacket when riding which makes concealing easier.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #85 - 07/02/12 at 14:28:10

As I understand it, for the grannola state, unless you got a permit, transporting weapons should be secured out of the immediate reach of the driver (and that may include passengers) locked trunk preferred or the furthest storage area second.  Should also be unloaded.

A bow or a rifle on a bike would present issues, which I would have to investigate how to carry.

And yeah, I've heard of someone going to their trunk and pulling out a bow.

WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #86 - 07/03/12 at 05:10:29

Verslagen did they brandish the bow themselves, or did they have a trunk monkey to take care of business for them?  Those commercials were funny as hell  Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #87 - 07/03/12 at 07:49:21

Yes he did... been a while, think it was in NJ.

WWW   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #88 - 07/03/12 at 08:14:44

I guess that I should state that I am a gun owner and have been since I was 12.  I think that anyone who wants to carry should.  On the other hand, I think that carrying poses risks that I do not wish to take.  If you are interested, and willing to take the time to do the research, the FBI has a wealth of data on their web site.  Most people want to carry because they think that it will make them safer.  The data shows that this is not true.  When gun fatalities occur during the course of robberies or public altercations, A person is far more likely to be killed if they are carrying.

In a unsettling side note.  Police officers are trained and regularly tested in the use of firearms.  Yet, if a police officer dies from a gunshot, it is overwhelmingly self inflicted.  Check the data.  This form of suicide is so common among police officers that they refer to it as "eating their gun."  Policemen would be far safer over their entire career, if they did not carry.  Try to convince them of that.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #89 - 07/03/12 at 08:59:53

Gerald I've been married to a police officer (now retired) for 12 years. She's had her throat cut with a beer bottle and she's carrying buckshot in one cheek and her leg. You cant convince me or her that she would still be here if she wasnt carrying her gun. There was 4 officers killed in the line of duty while she was on the force, none of them was self inflicted. You cant take a billy stick or a knife to a gunfight, you have to fight fire with fire. She's been pinned down to her car by gunfire more than once. It might work with the Bobbys in England where the general population can only own shotguns for hunting weapons, but it will never work here. I hated seeing her drive off in that patrol car every day because I never knew if a crazy wife beater or a sleezbag dope pusher was gonna try to take her out. I know almost all bikers hate cops, you think you live in a bad neighborhood now just take the cops and their guns away and see what happens.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:23:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.