Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #45 - 07/01/12 at 07:26:12

Quote:
I've been wondering...what's the best oil to use on my firearms?  

LOL. There's a trouble maker. Well. everyone knows the best gun oil is sewing machine oil by Rotella. I will get out of the line of fire now.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #46 - 07/01/12 at 07:33:36

12Bravo wrote on 06/30/12 at 07:01:08:
I carry all of the time. I try my best to avoid bad situations but like knowing that I can defend myself if backed into a corner.

ditto

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 07/01/12 at 07:53:45

Luby's

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #48 - 07/01/12 at 15:02:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/29/12 at 11:53:31:
Your lack of interest in a gunfight means there wont be one, even if you encounter someone who wants one, about the same as keeping your hands in your pockets when someone else wants a fistfight, There wont be a fistfight, youll just get yer face beat in,

The wild-west ended about a century ago.

I live in a city with 4x the crime rate of NYC and am in the thickest parts quite often. If you're not part of a drug war or getting in the way of some organized crime, no one is going to pull a gun on you. If you're getting mugged? You go right on ahead and try pulling your weapon on someone who already has theirs drawn and aimed. You'll be a statistic.

Carrying a weapon is for two types of people: Those that are always in the line of fire and those that are scared. If you're not in the line of fire, you're just over-compensating.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #49 - 07/01/12 at 15:37:41

This is a pretty dumb statement:
Carrying a weapon is for two types of people: Those that are always in the line of fire and those that are scared. If you're not in the line of fire, you're just over-compensating.

For one thing, those that are in the line of fire are usually scared.

For another, how can you possibly ever predict when you will or will not be in the line of fire?  Since I don't have a crystal ball,.... I'll carry just in case.

For yet another, "over-compensating" is a meaningless term here.  If you are sure you will never ever be in a threatening situation, unnecessary is the correct term.  I'm not totally sure I will never ever be in a threatening situation, so I think I'll use the term "prepared."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #50 - 07/01/12 at 15:50:18

I'm totally sure I will never be in a threatening situation.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 07/01/12 at 15:51:51

Cavi Mike wrote on 07/01/12 at 15:02:51:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/29/12 at 11:53:31:
Your lack of interest in a gunfight means there wont be one, even if you encounter someone who wants one, about the same as keeping your hands in your pockets when someone else wants a fistfight, There wont be a fistfight, youll just get yer face beat in,

The wild-west ended about a century ago.

http://patdollard.com/2012/06/chicagoland-7-year-old-girl-gunned-down-while-s...

Yea,, havin a gun is just stupid.

I live in a city with 4x the crime rate of NYC and am in the thickest parts quite often. If you're not part of a drug war or getting in the way of some organized crime, no one is going to pull a gun on you. If you're getting mugged? You go right on ahead and try pulling your weapon on someone who already has theirs drawn and aimed. You'll be a statistic.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #52 - 07/01/12 at 15:55:16

Don't take your guns to town son leave your guns at home.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 07/01/12 at 16:17:25

Gyrobob wrote on 07/01/12 at 15:37:41:
For yet another, "over-compensating" is a meaningless term here.  If you are sure you will never ever be in a threatening situation, unnecessary is the correct term.  I'm not totally sure I will never ever be in a threatening situation, so I think I'll use the term "prepared."

Just for the sake of argument,.. I know it will never change a made up mind, but for someone weighing the possibilities...
May I offer, from your own stats (which I would question the validity of )...
Quote:
Here are a few facts:
-- 99% of the folks who carry will never have to use the weapon for real

Seeing that only a small percent of people carry,... and in their entire life, there will be only a 1% chance of ever really using it,...
This seems equivalent to ladder tying your shoelaces because someday, in some situation the laces might catch as you fall from a cliff and save you...  
Except,.. they might just as well catch somewhere when you're not falling, and cause you to fall and die...
Personally,.. I spend a good deal more time not falling, than falling...

I'll bet there is a bigger likelihood that you will have your weapon stolen, a lose it, or break it, or have an accident and have it injure you, than the 1%,... over your entire life...

If I am a robber in a bank,.. you will be the first person I shoot... because I'll see you move for your gun, an I'll take you out... Everyone else in the bank is still okay... you're dead...
Or,.. if I'm a cop at the scene of a lone-nut gunman situation,... and I see you reaching for anything,.. you are goin' down... because I'm looking for a nut with a gun... oopsy,.. you're dead again..

I see people around here occasionally, (it's Arizona) packin' either un-concealed, or I can often spot the concealed... and I watch them like a hawk... so do many others...
You make the wrong move,.. and you may find a (insert nearby hard object here) wrapped 'round yer' skull...
No offense intended...
I'd do the same for some nut walkin' around with a Machete or a baseball bat..  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 07/01/12 at 16:21:24

The unarmed condition of the legal citizen opened the door to the car jackers in Louisiana. That stopped within weeks of them allowing carry in the car to defend against carjackers.
In Florida, it was so bad the rental companies stopped putting their decals on the cars, because the thugs would target the tourists. Then, they made it legal to carry & defend, that stopped..

You have your opinion, dont carry, I dont, But in a society where the criminal KNOWS his victim is unarmed,, hes a brave & brash individual,
Leave the Guns ALONE,

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #55 - 07/01/12 at 16:31:07

Remember a year or so ago 2 guys in a Wal Mart got mad at each other both had guns and shot and killed each other.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #56 - 07/01/12 at 16:35:14

bill67 wrote on 07/01/12 at 16:31:07:
Remember a year or so ago 2 guys in a Wal Mart got mad at each other both had guns and shot and killed each other.

Well, they were idiots. Sounds like they deserved it. Hopefully no innocent bystander was hurt.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 07/01/12 at 16:40:51

Actually, heres something to try on for size.

My Rights, not granted BY the Constitution, but Guaranteed in it, are not up for a vote,
Even if 99% of America Voted to Ban Guns, they couldnt do it, because thats a direct contradiction of the Big C.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #58 - 07/01/12 at 16:41:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/01/12 at 16:21:24:
You have your opinion, dont carry, I dont, But in a society where the criminal KNOWS his victim is unarmed,, hes a brave & brash individual,
Leave the Guns ALONE,

I get what you're saying... but,.. for someone just considering whether or not to carry...
I'm just saying,.. carrying.. should require, not only an increased responsibility, but, a special attention to the image you are presenting to the regular public... .. because whether you realize it or not, as you walk about your business, some people are likely eying you closely for any suspicious behavior, because they've noticed that weapon or suspicious bulge......  
No right or wrong about it, it just is... and I know it is, 'cause I do it, and I know others that do it...
If I'm in Taco Bell and I notice one customer packin'... my attention will be 90% on that dude...  and whatever is nearby to wack him silly...
.. and I notice others notice these things too...
A man with a gun in public, has my attention, in a bad way... he is within a second or two of some extreme hurt...  not from a gun,.. just whatever is nearby...
Just the way it is...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #59 - 07/01/12 at 16:50:59

Serowbot wrote on 07/01/12 at 16:41:44:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/01/12 at 16:21:24:
Leave the Guns ALONE,

I get what you're saying... but,.. for someone just considering whether or not to carry...
I'm just saying,.. carrying.. should require, not only an increased responsibility, but, a special attention to the image you are presenting to the regular public... .. because whether you realize it or not, as you walk about your business, some people are likely eying you closely for any suspicious behavior, because they've noticed that weapon or suspicious bulge......  
No right or wrong about it, it just is... and I know it is, 'cause I do it, and I know others that do it...

There is increased responsibility. It ain't a toy. I don't take it out and play with it. The gun, anyway. It doesn't get drawn unless needed. And I don't have a problem with a bulge.  Roll Eyes

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:18:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.