Send Topic Print
Do you carry? (Read 1405 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Do you carry?
Reply #120 - 07/09/12 at 23:22:03

Zombies move soooo sloooww,, but they keep on catching their targets,, whats that about?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #121 - 07/10/12 at 05:10:18

Rule#1  keep up on Cardio Justin!!!   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #122 - 07/10/12 at 07:50:02

Saw that this thread was several pages, and didn't have time to read it all until now.  My area is fairly calm, so I don't feel the necessity to carry while riding.  If I'm going somewhere on the bike that I would feel it necessary, then hubby will be going with me and he will be carrying.  He is much more capable, and he is carrying the majority of the time anyway.  He has had concealed carry permit for many years, just actually renewed it again last month.  He carries at work, because he manages several buildings and never knows when a bum might sneak into a vacant building.  He has had to run off several, and they can get pretty abusive.  If one of them had a gun, I'd be glad knowing hubby had one too.  He also was a Marine, so I feel pretty protected with him.  But I would have no problem getting to any of the several guns scattered about my house, should someone try to invade my property.  I have no problem defeding myself or my family.    

So to the original question... I think it all depends on your own abilities, and circumstances whether to carry or not.  But there have been some interesting opinions and points raised!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #123 - 07/10/12 at 10:25:43

As City Engineer, Zoning Administrator and Building Inspector for a small town I pride myself in being very helpful, honest, and dedicated to helping everyone.  Not too long ago a fellow wanted to open up a business in town, and I did everything I could to help him.  He refused to get permits, install the required emergency and exit lights, and started doing the work illegally.  I found out later that he had been charged and convicted with carrying a concealed weapon in another town - and shortly afterwards I had to place a "Stop Work" order on the business when had began doing plumbing and electrical work without permits...he was at the site and was very hostile.  The next day the Police Department found out he had Felony Warrants for his arrest - so he spent the next week in jail with my name on his lips.  Although I have always been comfortable around guns and for a few years I competed at the State level with a target pistol - I never felt a need to carry one.  When I found out this fellow lived 3 miles from my house......I got my concealed carry permit and started to carry a gun with me at all times.

That threat is now gone, and I carry when I feel it is a good idea.  I realize that not carrying 100% of the time reduces the chances that I will actually have a gun when I might need one......but there are times when a gun stuck under my shirt is uncomfortable.  I also spend a lot of time in public buildings where a concealed weapon is not permitted.

I have not read the entire thread and maybe this has been said before - but shooting someone may change your life forever.  I have a nephew that was an Army Ranger and since getting out of the Army he has attended combat training courses regularly.  One of the courses discussed the consequences of shooting a person......and they explained how you could lose everything you own....even if the shooting was completely justified and proven to be legal.  The George Zimmernam/Trevon incident got me thinking real hard about how this might happen.  I don't know what happened between Mr. Zimmeran and Trevon - but even if you are 100% correct in shooting someone it could go very wrong for you.  If you shoot someone and are charged you may end up sitting in jail waiting a trial for months or years while you lose everything you own.  Even if you are not charged the victums family could file a civil lawsuit for wrongful death or some other charge and lose everything you have while trying to defend yourself.  If the victims family files a suit......you will end up spending money to defend yourself in court.

I realize the legal system has given me the right to carry a concealed weapon.....but I don't have enough faith in the legal system to protect me if I have to use my gun to defend myself.  When I hear about burglers winning lawsuits against building owners because they broke and fell through a skylight while attempting to break into a business and rob it....I just think the legal system has lost sight of who they are supposed to be protecting.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #124 - 07/10/12 at 10:49:46

When I hear about burglers winning lawsuits against building owners because they broke and fell through a skylight while attempting to break into a business and rob it....I just think the legal system has lost sight of who they are supposed to be protecting.

Blame the juries. Blame the social engineers who trained Americans to have sympathy for the criminal over the rights of the property owners. In 1960, can you imagine such a suit even getting to court? If it did, a jury would laff the burglar right out of the courtroom.

" So, let me get this straight. YOure trespassing with criminal intent, you break thru a skylight & fall & get hurt & you think HE owes YOU?.. NO<, heres how this works, when you get out of jail, your first task while youre on parole is pay him back for the whatever it cost him to repair what you broke & pay him back for whatever losses he had incurred defending himself from YOU.;"

But justice escapes the mind of the collectivists,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #125 - 07/10/12 at 18:24:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/09/12 at 22:18:19:
Sam7.62 wrote on 07/09/12 at 19:24:30:
ballpein hammer or cold steel safemaker2 . avg person can cover 21ft in about 2sec. by the time you bring to bear,aim and fire how long is that?

don't believe me? get an air soft gun and holster. have someone 21ft away run at you with a training knife or something like it. try and react to the threat before they cut you and get back to me.

also read up on the o.o.d.a loop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop

They did this on Mythbusters,

lol never saw it. don't watch much tv

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #126 - 07/10/12 at 18:31:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/12 at 10:49:46:
When I hear about burglers winning lawsuits against building owners because they broke and fell through a skylight while attempting to break into a business and rob it....I just think the legal system has lost sight of who they are supposed to be protecting.

Blame the juries. Blame the social engineers who trained Americans to have sympathy for the criminal over the rights of the property owners. In 1960, can you imagine such a suit even getting to court? If it did, a jury would laff the burglar right out of the courtroom.

" So, let me get this straight. YOure trespassing with criminal intent, you break thru a skylight & fall & get hurt & you think HE owes YOU?.. NO<, heres how this works, when you get out of jail, your first task while youre on parole is pay him back for the whatever it cost him to repair what you broke & pay him back for whatever losses he had incurred defending himself from YOU.;"

But justice escapes the mind of the collectivists,

100% right! the jury of your peers has been poisoned.

Also

to the people that say you have a right to carry. how can it be a right if you need a license to carry? its no more a right then driving.  

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #127 - 07/10/12 at 23:43:54

o the people that say you have a right to carry. how can it be a right if you need a license to carry? its no more a right then driving.  

That the rights have been watered down to the point of being privileges that may or may not be granted has your thinking headed in the direction the licensing was meant to accomplish./
TRAVEL is a right, TRavel by common means, not walking, not riding a horse, but travel by automobile, because thats what is common, o9r a bike, same thing, & in some places, Open Carry is legal, no license required,
That the goobs dont follow the law is something we should all be used to by now,

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #128 - 07/12/12 at 13:01:48

Zimmerman was carrying a gun it worked out great. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #129 - 07/12/12 at 21:07:13

bill67 wrote on 07/12/12 at 13:01:48:
Zimmerman was carrying a gun it worked out great. Roll Eyes

Yea,, he passed a polygraph, drs agreed his story & the evidence matched, yet, he is being charged,,Is it to punish him? Could be, he'll be wrecked financially, but he will be judged by a jury of 12, which is at least twice as good as being carried to the grave by 6 pall bearers.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #130 - 07/13/12 at 06:21:35

It proves that mining your own business is best thats why most people do it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #131 - 07/13/12 at 06:55:32

So, if you saw someone prowling around in an area that had been hit by burglars, youd do nothing,,
What happens when someone is prowling your neighborhood & no one does anything?
Youve been Taught that its best top not get involved.
Is it possible thats why theyre dropping on Zim? To teach people its best to not get involved? Hes financially ruined, even if he walks,,

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #132 - 07/13/12 at 07:21:59

Hey the fact is that zimmerman chased that kid down and killed him, maybe the kid did turn to fight zimmerman but it was only because zimmerman was chasing him. That is murder anyway you slice it, even the 911 operator told him not to follow. On the recording, Zimmerman is heard saying, "these assholes, they always get away." The dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following him. When Zimmerman answered, "yeah," the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman responded, "Okay." After Zimmerman ended his call with police, a confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman took place and ended when Zimmerman fatally shot Martin 70 yards (64 m) from the rear door of the townhouse where Martin was staying. The poor boy was running home. And who is to say zimmerman didnt self inflict those head wounds before police arrived. just sayin its a possibility.

All that kid knew was that someone who was not police was chasing him, I bet zimmerman never identified himself as neighborhood watch. Why chase him anyway, no crime had been committed, what did he expect to accomplish if he caught him. Probably falsely charge him with all the other crimes that had been committed there recently.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #133 - 07/13/12 at 07:28:49

splash07 wrote on 07/13/12 at 07:21:59:
Hey the fact is...

We don't know the facts. The media spins them every which way but true. The "facts" that I am aware of are he stopped following, not chasing, when he was told to do so. His 911 recording was modified to fit an agenda. He ain't white so why is this making so much attention?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #134 - 07/13/12 at 07:38:13

Greg you are right, we dont know the facts. What we know is the evidence that is presented to us by the media and we all know that can be questionable at best. But, from what I have read it appears that Zimmerman did overstep his bounds. If he did stop "chasing" the boy then why did the incident end with a fatal shooting, when I am running from something I never think "hey they stopped following me, I better loop back and try to beat their ass."

Besides, who brings a gun to a fist fight? No need to pull the gun unless your life is threatened. Some may say that Zimmerman was defending his life and had he not shot the kid then Martin would have killed him, but seriously, he was able to pull his gun and point it at Martin's chest, you cant do that if you are struggling and fighting someone.

we can speculate but we will never know what actually happened.

« Last Edit: 07/13/12 at 12:12:54 by splash07 »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:13:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you carry?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.