Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do I have to adjust the spark plug? (Read 101 times)
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Do I have to adjust the spark plug?
06/25/12 at 14:47:54

Recently I installed an internal temp sensor on my bike, which attached with a thin copper ring around the spark plug as it was screwed in.

My question is do I have to adjust anything with the added thickness of that copper ring?

1996 Suzuki Savage ls650 Stock, Except for:
-Larger Rear tire (140/90-15)
-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Do I have to adjust the spark plug?
Reply #1 - 06/25/12 at 14:55:50

Naaa,...  tell us about this sensor thingy though... any pics?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #2 - 06/25/12 at 15:42:51

IP Logged
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Reply #3 - 06/25/12 at 16:47:34

no, but close, it was with that trail tech vapor I installed.

the installation thread has some pics, http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338268746

-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 06/25/12 at 16:54:40

myself I'm also installing the same computer.  I'm leaning towards going with the water temp sensor and one of the adapters they make to I can do oil temps instead, from the front pressure port on the motor where some have used to add an oil cool to their savage.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Reply #5 - 06/25/12 at 18:15:51

rfw2003 wrote on 06/25/12 at 16:54:40:
myself I'm also installing the same computer.  I'm leaning towards going with the water temp sensor and one of the adapters they make to I can do oil temps instead, from the front pressure port on the motor where some have used to add an oil cool to their savage.

Good luck,

Hopefully yours reads better than mine, the internal temp has gotten as high as 450*F, where the programmable warning light will only go as high as 399*F, The only real bummer about it so far though.

-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #6 - 06/25/12 at 18:21:10

damiancds wrote on 06/25/12 at 18:15:51:
rfw2003 wrote on 06/25/12 at 16:54:40:

Good luck,

Hopefully yours reads better than mine, the internal temp has gotten as high as 450*F, where the programmable warning light will only go as high as 399*F, The only real bummer about it so far though.

That's kinda what I was afraid of, that's why I was thinking about buying the water temp sender and adapter for the oil port instead of trying to read head temps.  I'm betting the oil temps are a good bit lower.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #7 - 06/25/12 at 18:34:59

A water temp gadget will likely not work, or at least will indicate max.   Water boils at 212F at sea level and will not go above that mark, but under pressure (sealed radiator system) can go higher, like maybe 230 or 240F.   I measured cylinder and case temps with my IR gun in the 230 to 260F range after a good ride.   I think you may be able to buy oil temp gadgets that might plug into the same hole tho.

It seems to me my Harley oil temp gauge went to 350F, but can't remember?  My beemer also has an oil temp gauge (oilhead), but it is not calibrated; i.e., only shows 6 bars like a cell phone.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #8 - 06/25/12 at 18:49:21

360k+ wrote on 06/25/12 at 18:34:59:
A water temp gadget will likely not work, or at least will indicate max.   Water boils at 212F at sea level and will not go above that mark, but under pressure (sealed radiator system) can go higher, like maybe 230 or 240F.   I measured cylinder and case temps with my IR gun in the 230 to 260F range after a good ride.   I think you may be able to buy oil temp gadgets that might plug into the same hole tho.

It seems to me my Harley oil temp gauge went to 350F, but can't remember?  My beemer also has an oil temp gauge (oilhead), but it is not calibrated; i.e., only shows 6 bars like a cell phone.

The sensor is just your standard 1/8" NPT brass temp sensor,  The gauge just maxes out at 399F is all.  So it should be good to go.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #9 - 06/25/12 at 18:58:06

Ahhh OK, I thought you were talking about the gauge itself.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:21:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Do I have to adjust the spark plug?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.